spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JAH_PGH
join:2009-09-28
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH

Series Manager - garbage!

I'm so frustrated with this DVR and the series manager. I set the DVR to record a series last season and most of the time I have to re-set it when the new season starts! If a program is listed in the Series Manager, why won't it record??!
[more of a rhetorical question / rant!]

sincerely -
Angry JAH

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE

ggma1126

Premium Member

wow that is weird as I have many series set up and they always record when the season starts again - have you checked to make sure they are not conflicting with other starting times? Just a thought

sjfiostech
join:2008-07-29
Medford, NJ

sjfiostech

said by ggma1126:

wow that is weird as I have many series set up and they always record when the season starts again - have you checked to make sure they are not conflicting with other starting times? Just a thought
Or that the series name hasn't changed (mostly reality shows)
JAH_PGH
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH

Examples:
Eastbound and Down - I missed the first 2 weeks and just realized it!
Penn & Teller - Bullsh*t
Ice Road Truckers
True Blood
Hung

All of these I have either had to delete and re-add the series or have missed the first few episodes. Luckily with most of these, they have VOD so that I can catch up, but it's very frustrating coz I can't trust that the DVR will record the shows!

sjfiostech
join:2008-07-29
Medford, NJ

sjfiostech

with the exception of Eastbound, I believe all those are in re-runs right now. Is it set to record all new and repeats?
JAH_PGH
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH

said by sjfiostech:

with the exception of Eastbound, I believe all those are in re-runs right now. Is it set to record all new and repeats?
Right now, you are correct. But when the new seasons had previously started they were not re-runs. Some of those were the ones that I missed.
All of them are set to only record new shows which is why it's so frustrating to miss the season premiers...
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to ggma1126

to ggma1126
I had this same problem with some shows, particularly some prime-time ABC programs such as Grays Anatomy. Ended up deleting and re-adding them.

Part of the problem is that it really doesn't store just a simple name but an identifier for the program.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to JAH_PGH

MVM

to JAH_PGH
The series that I had set up are recording fine. I set these recordings up at least a year or two ago:

Big Bang Theory - Moved nights
Ice Road Truckers
Bones
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Dexter
Eureka

The only problem I recall having in the past few months was that an episode of IRT was not recorded and it should have been. Other than that, I've not had any problems.

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt you've had problems and I don't doubt they're Verizon's fault (or that crappy provider for listings they use). I'm not a fan of the DVR or listings either, but it is functioning as I expect at this time.

AVITWeb
join:2002-01-11
Williamstown, NJ

AVITWeb to JAH_PGH

to JAH_PGH
I am also pissed about this thing....set it up...it duplicates in the list, then it doesn't record at all! I has really gone to garbage lately!
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

1 edit

ansky to JAH_PGH

to JAH_PGH
I always have problems with the series manager because programs are coded wrong in the guide info. My wife records Grey's Anatomy as a series, and every week it picks up the two Sunday night reruns on WABC, which I end up having to manually delete.

josh b
@verizon.net

josh b to JAH_PGH

Anon

to JAH_PGH
i had eastbound and down in mine and it started recording for new season. my biggest problem is that it lists shows as new episodes when it is a rerun. happens all the time to the simpsons, i had to remove it and record each one individually.

lew_b
Premium Member
join:2003-05-11
Poughkeepsie, NY

lew_b to JAH_PGH

Premium Member

to JAH_PGH
I've noticed that on occasion, new episodes are not flagged in the guide as new. I just had this happen with an episode of the "This Old House Hour". Maybe that's why some things aren't being recorded.
jr461
join:2006-12-21
Montvale, NJ

jr461 to JAH_PGH

to JAH_PGH
said by JAH_PGH:

I'm so frustrated with this DVR and the series manager. I set the DVR to record a series last season and most of the time I have to re-set it when the new season starts! If a program is listed in the Series Manager, why won't it record??!
[more of a rhetorical question / rant!]

sincerely -
Angry JAH
I had this issue also and noticed on some series, the channel name would be missing. For example, Grey's Anatomy is on Ch 507, WABC. In the series manager, all shows have the channel number and name listed. On those series that started up again after the summer that didn't start recording, the channel name disappeared, although the channel number remained.

I deleted all series this happened to (it wasn't all of them) and set them up again.
JAH_PGH
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH

The strange thing is that Storm Chasers (which I setup last season) recorded last evening! I wonder if the problems are with the Premium channels(?)
RolteC
The Need for Speed
join:2001-05-20
New York, NY

RolteC

Thats funny, storm chasers recorded as well for me without changes from last season.

But remember, some of the shows change channels, and time slots.