share rss forum feed

Midgard

join:2010-10-11
MA
kudos:1
reply to Dominokat

Re: Update on my job (part 2)

said by Dominokat:

Apparently I can't "quit" as then that voids any unemployment chances. So I have to hang on until something comes along, or spring. I have definite plans to go back to my job of last year.
Normally each state has exceptions to the rule. If the job is affecting your health for example you can quit and collect unemployment. I'm sure you could find a way to fit into an exception for it.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

3 edits

Note line 2 of the rules of disqualifications
Edit add: This is from the State DOL web page
»www.maine.gov/labor/unemployment/faqs.html
------------------
You may be disqualified if you:

were discharged or fired for misconduct
voluntarily quit without good cause attributable to the employment
are not able and available for full-time work
are not a U. S. citizen and not authorized to work in this country
have limited the wages, hours, days, or areas of a job you would accept
do not report for or satisfactorily participate in reemployment services as directed
are self employed
are involved in a strike
are not looking for work
refuse suitable work

JRSlater
What's that smell? Oh, it's you.
Premium
join:2008-01-11
Out There

Damn! So if you strike you can't get unemployment? Man, that stinks, I was just thginking about going on strike. Just teasing.

Sorry to hear things are not going as you would like. Have you thought of opening your own place? There is a small town called Weld Maine, during the summer months the town doubles in population, it doesn't have a resteraunt or anything close to a place to eat. Someone with the smarts and talent could rake some money in during the summer. Winter would be a bit harder but if the biz was close to the snow machine trails that could bring is some money. Just saying.
--
»www.jrslaterphotography.com/

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by JRSlater:

There is a small town called Weld Maine,....
Ahhh...Mt. Blue State Park. My fav. of all the state parks. I don't know how well a restaurant would do in that town though.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

JRSlater
What's that smell? Oh, it's you.
Premium
join:2008-01-11
Out There

said by swintec:

Ahhh...Mt. Blue State Park. My fav. of all the state parks. I don't know how well a restaurant would do in that town though.
You would be surprised, during the winter it probably wouldn't do well, but I think the summer crowds would keep it busy. My brother lives across the street from a bed and breakfast, during the summer months they are booked solid, enough so that the bed and brakfast doesn't lose money over the winter. They also have a bakery they run all year, seems to do well from what I saw. But I suppose you could have a valid point.

I grew up in that area and used to despise the tourists and the scenery. Too stupid to realize what I had uintil I moved away.
--
»www.jrslaterphotography.com/