Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Wings sign head coach Mike Babcock to a four year contract extension:

»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337071

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

Probably the easiest decision the Wings have ever made.
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

»www.officepools.com/articles/D9IPK4UO0/

Turns out it was a fainting spell.
--

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Well, thats good, but it sucks that he suffered a concussion in the fall.
--
BUCK FELL ,,!,,('-'),,!,,

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

I know how he feels,having tripped on a curling stone and landed on my skull.

That ice is bloody hard.
--

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ

said by ZZZZZZZ:

good to hear it wasn't anything serious...you have to wonder what caused the fainting spell, but i did mention earlier he just could have been nervous.
--
Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realise that you can't eat money - Native American proverb

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Maybe Ovechkin had the puck and was getting a breakaway. lol
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

you have to wonder what caused the fainting spell, but i did mention earlier he just could have been nervous.
I dunno, the guy played in over 60 NHL games. I wouldn't think it was nervous jitters...

Something else must have caused it, as he did signal to the bench just before collapsing.
--

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

perhaps dehydration or low blood sugar?

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

said by dirtyjeffer:

perhaps dehydration or low blood sugar?
That's what I was thinking -- the exertion of the game along with a poor (or no) pre-game meal, or dehydration.
--
The thoughts expressed in the above post are those of the poster, and can only be attributed to his state of mind at the time of posting.
Join Team Helix

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

AHAHAHA.... check this out... Sean Avery sure is liked amongst his peers

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI1Q2AY1-Eo

--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit

Ouch... Sabres' Jason Pominville taken away on a stretcher, after a nasty hit from behind courtesy of Hawks' Niklas Hjalmarsson.

I think that'll be the first suspension of the regular season, eh?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-4aH7nn···embedded

--

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON

Is it just me.. I dont see that as a hit from behind... and I really dont see it as dirty.. the puck was about a foot from him

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

He hit him right in the numbers man... his head smashed in the glass...
--

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to BigSensFan

said by BigSensFan:

Is it just me.. I dont see that as a hit from behind... and I really dont see it as dirty.. the puck was about a foot from him
I see it as a blind side hit as Hjalmarsson came in from about 5 o'clock and the puck hadn't got to Pommenville yet, let alone having control of it. He took three at least three strides in the replay, then glided in for about the last 20 feet and planted himself right into Pommenville's numbers, who was completely defenseless against the move.
--
The thoughts expressed in the above post are those of the poster, and can only be attributed to his state of mind at the time of posting.
Join Team Helix

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

said by Kardinal:

said by BigSensFan:

I see it as a blind side hit as Hjalmarsson came in from about 5 o'clock and the puck hadn't got to Pommenville yet, let alone having control of it. He took three at least three strides in the replay, then glided in for about the last 20 feet and planted himself right into Pommenville's numbers, who was completely defenseless against the move.
i agree with the blindside hit, but the rule book only covers blind side hits to the head...this was surely interference as he didn't have the puck, but i don't know if you can really go much more than that...it wasn't from behind (4-5 o clock like you said)...Pommenville's problem was he didn't brace himself for the hit, which is odd, because he looked to see who was coming right before he was hit.
--
Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realise that you can't eat money - Native American proverb

Clipper

join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON

1 edit
reply to BigSensFan

said by BigSensFan:

How can you not? He clearly hit him blindside and with his shoulder to the numbers... it might not be a direct 6 o'clock hit from behind, but it was hit from behind nonetheless.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to BigSensFan

said by BigSensFan:

No, that was a hit from behind. It was dirty.

WNGFAN 1

join:2003-11-02
Leamington, ON
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

AHAHAHA.... check this out... Sean Avery sure is liked amongst his peers

(youtube clip)
Cost Wisniewski two games
»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337203

WNGFAN 1

join:2003-11-02
Leamington, ON
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Ouch... Sabres' Jason Pominville taken away on a stretcher, after a nasty hit from behind courtesy of Hawks' Niklas Hjalmarsson.

I think that'll be the first suspension of the regular season, eh?

(youtube clip)
Two games is all He gets:
»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337210

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

So a couple of 2 gamers...

Kinda sad about the Wozniewski suspension, but the league can't have guys doing that on the ice, even if Avery deserved every bit of it...

But whats the difference if he just called him a cocksucker verbally instead of the gesture he did? I'm sure that shit happens all the time.
--

Clipper

join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON

said by HiVolt:

But whats the difference if he just called him a cocksucker verbally instead of the gesture he did? I'm sure that shit happens all the time.
Camera's and by extension everyone watching see the gesture.

Only players and lip readers when the camera is at the right angle know what is said on the ice.

That's the difference.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

here's the problem though...you make a gesture about someone being a cocksucker and you get a 2 game suspension...you put a guy out (possibly a couple of months) with a "dirty hit", and you get the same penalty...that isn't right.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Colorado and Detroit go to the 7th round of a shootout and Avalanche win 5-4......great game.
--