join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to dirtyjeffer0

Mod

to dirtyjeffer0

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by dirtyjeffer0:

perhaps dehydration or low blood sugar?
That's what I was thinking -- the exertion of the game along with a poor (or no) pre-game meal, or dehydration.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

AHAHAHA.... check this out... Sean Avery sure is liked amongst his peers

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Q2AY1-Eo
HiVolt

1 edit

HiVolt

Premium Member

Ouch... Sabres' Jason Pominville taken away on a stretcher, after a nasty hit from behind courtesy of Hawks' Niklas Hjalmarsson.

I think that'll be the first suspension of the regular season, eh?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· embedded

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

Is it just me.. I dont see that as a hit from behind... and I really dont see it as dirty.. the puck was about a foot from him

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

He hit him right in the numbers man... his head smashed in the glass...

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to BigSensFan

Mod

to BigSensFan
said by BigSensFan:

Is it just me.. I dont see that as a hit from behind... and I really dont see it as dirty.. the puck was about a foot from him
I see it as a blind side hit as Hjalmarsson came in from about 5 o'clock and the puck hadn't got to Pommenville yet, let alone having control of it. He took three at least three strides in the replay, then glided in for about the last 20 feet and planted himself right into Pommenville's numbers, who was completely defenseless against the move.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by Kardinal:
said by BigSensFan:

I see it as a blind side hit as Hjalmarsson came in from about 5 o'clock and the puck hadn't got to Pommenville yet, let alone having control of it. He took three at least three strides in the replay, then glided in for about the last 20 feet and planted himself right into Pommenville's numbers, who was completely defenseless against the move.
i agree with the blindside hit, but the rule book only covers blind side hits to the head...this was surely interference as he didn't have the puck, but i don't know if you can really go much more than that...it wasn't from behind (4-5 o clock like you said)...Pommenville's problem was he didn't brace himself for the hit, which is odd, because he looked to see who was coming right before he was hit.

Clipper
join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON

1 edit

Clipper to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
said by BigSensFan:

How can you not? He clearly hit him blindside and with his shoulder to the numbers... it might not be a direct 6 o'clock hit from behind, but it was hit from behind nonetheless.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan
said by BigSensFan:

No, that was a hit from behind. It was dirty.
WNGFAN 1
join:2003-11-02
Leamington, ON

WNGFAN 1 to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

AHAHAHA.... check this out... Sean Avery sure is liked amongst his peers

(youtube clip)
Cost Wisniewski two games
»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337203
WNGFAN 1

WNGFAN 1 to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Ouch... Sabres' Jason Pominville taken away on a stretcher, after a nasty hit from behind courtesy of Hawks' Niklas Hjalmarsson.

I think that'll be the first suspension of the regular season, eh?

(youtube clip)
Two games is all He gets:
»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337210

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

So a couple of 2 gamers...

Kinda sad about the Wozniewski suspension, but the league can't have guys doing that on the ice, even if Avery deserved every bit of it...

But whats the difference if he just called him a cocksucker verbally instead of the gesture he did? I'm sure that shit happens all the time.

Clipper
join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON

Clipper

said by HiVolt:

But whats the difference if he just called him a cocksucker verbally instead of the gesture he did? I'm sure that shit happens all the time.
Camera's and by extension everyone watching see the gesture.

Only players and lip readers when the camera is at the right angle know what is said on the ice.

That's the difference.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

here's the problem though...you make a gesture about someone being a cocksucker and you get a 2 game suspension...you put a guy out (possibly a couple of months) with a "dirty hit", and you get the same penalty...that isn't right.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Colorado and Detroit go to the 7th round of a shootout and Avalanche win 5-4......great game.