how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bgtimber75

join:2006-06-23
Columbia, MD
reply to lets456

Re: New channel called "HUB" HD on channel 785?

Tivo gave me a notice saying it was on 789 but when I tuned it in I get a not subscribed screen. I'll have to check the Verizon DVR.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
said by bgtimber75:

Tivo gave me a notice saying it was on 789 but when I tuned it in I get a not subscribed screen. I'll have to check the Verizon DVR.
Some people were having trouble getting it on Tivo and other cable card devices. Seems like that happens a lot when channels are added.

aVZTech5

join:2006-05-08
Conshohocken, PA
reply to bgtimber75
said by bgtimber75:

Tivo gave me a notice saying it was on 789 but when I tuned it in I get a not subscribed screen.
When I tune to the channel on my Tivo Premier I get the cable card info screen. I have to press clear to get to the channel, then I get the you are not subscribed screen, but I have the guide information........On my TivoHD I get the channel, but it isn't shown in the guide, it just says To be announced. I have the channel on on my Verizon box with no problems.

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD
kudos:1
reply to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

Some people were having trouble getting it on Tivo and other cable card devices. Seems like that happens a lot when channels are added.
No, it doesn't. It happens very specifically with this channel because it has a non-zero CCI flag -- the first outside of Frontier territory, AFAIK, except for (as it turns out) the "Information" channels 131 and 1952 -- and because the CableCards have been unpaired up until now. See here for more info.
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

bgtimber75

join:2006-06-23
Columbia, MD
said by wmcbrine:

said by Greg2600:

No, it doesn't. It happens very specifically with this channel because it has a non-zero CCI flag -- the first outside of Frontier territory, AFAIK, except for (as it turns out) the "Information" channels 131 and 1952 -- and because the CableCards have been unpaired up until now. See here for more info.
So what is the solution for those on CC's? Is Verizon working on a solution? I'm still not getting it.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to wmcbrine
said by wmcbrine:

said by Greg2600:

I had no issues on my TiVos, but I also only viewed the new channel this week.

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to bgtimber75
said by bgtimber75:

So what is the solution for those on CC's? Is Verizon working on a solution? I'm still not getting it.
No work required. The solution is to have the CableCards paired with the TiVo (or whatever device you're using). I haven't done it yet, but try calling the number that pops up on the screen when you tune 789.

Personally, my preferred solution would be for the channel's CCI flag to be reset to zero, like all but the Information channels have been up until now (except in Frontierland). But I don't hold out much hope of persuading Verizon to do that. If the flag remains as it is now, then even with paired cards, you won't be able to move any recordings from this channel to another TiVo or to your computer.

Some TiVos have apparently been paired with their cards already, hence the "no problem" reports.
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

brutus

join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL
I sent a twitter message to FiosTV and he says he will look into. If you have twitter you may want to send him a message just as friendly reminders