Can you post a picture of the modem page that shows that a update is available

scheduled update is disabled

daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

Here: »www.fastaccess.drivers.b ··· uth.net/ they show an F90 firmware upgrade which came out on August 15.
bjm8
join:2008-05-10
Oklahoma City, OK

bjm8 to wayjac

to wayjac
Click for full size
Modem Information

Modem Name
ProLine
Model F90-610025-06
Serial Number 09AKXXXXXXXX
Software Version VER:01.00.06.05
MAC Address 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
First Use Date 10/11/2010 17:16:27 GMT
bjm8

bjm8 to daveinpoway

to daveinpoway
thanks for your interest
your offered link »www.fastaccess.drivers.b ··· uth.net/
Westell F90 (6100) Version 3.08.02
F90-Firmware Upgrade 8/15/2010
---------------------------------------
from my Tech Readout page it appears I have Modem DSL Firmware Version 7.04.03.00

Technician Readout

This information is for use by your service provider in diagnosing problems.

1 Manufacturer Westell, Inc.
2 Vendor ID b50057544c4c0000
3 Model Number F90-610025-06
4 Friendly Name ProLine
5 Model Description Single Port Ethernet Modem
6 Model Name ProLine
7 Serial Number 09AKXXXXXXXX
8 Hardware Version F90-610025-06N
9 Modem DSL Firmware Version 7.04.03.00
10 Modem Software Version VER:01.00.06.05
---------------------------------------------
my Manual Update page is reporting a Software Update.

I cannot reconcile Westell F90 (6100) Version 3.08.02 v. Modem DSL Firmware Version 7.04.03.00

Thanks for your interest
bjm8

1 edit

bjm8 to wayjac

to wayjac
Click for full size
Click for full size
Manual Update & Scheduled Update are presented as I found them. The Time Zone was wrong...so, I did make that change.

Thanks for your continued interest
daveinpoway
Premium Member
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

Sometime this week, I will dig out the F90-610025-06 that I have sitting around here (I don't use it in regular service, since I consider it to be average at best- the Motorola/Netopia 3347 is far better) and see about installing this update on it.

As a point of interest, the text of the update file indicates that it is for a B90 Westell, not an F90. No clue as to whether they just labeled it wrong, or if the two models use the same update code. Since the F90 is much newer than the B90, I wouldn't think they would use the same code, but perhaps they do.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to bjm8

MVM

to bjm8
said by bjm8:

I cannot reconcile Westell F90 (6100) Version 3.08.02 v. Modem DSL Firmware Version 7.04.03.00
The software daveinpoway See Profile linked is for a westell 6100 that was issued by bellsouth

Most westell 6100 modems use software with version numbers that start with 3.00.00

The at&t westell 6100 modems use software with version numbers that start with 01.00.00.00
The firmware version shown on the tech readout page has always been 7.04.03.00

The terms software, firmware as used on this site have the same meaning
bjm8
Oklahoma City, OK

bjm8 to daveinpoway

to daveinpoway
said by daveinpoway:

As a point of interest, the text of the update file indicates that it is for a B90 Westell, not an F90. No clue as to whether they just labeled it wrong, or if the two models use the same update code. Since the F90 is much newer than the B90, I wouldn't think they would use the same code, but perhaps they do.
Yes, I did see the B90 exe file. Thanks for the info... that helps explains why the B90. But, that was for Firmware and my issue is re Software.
'wayjac' has been with Software version 1.00.06.05 since 1/22/09.
My First Use Date 10/11/10 presented me with the available software update 1.00.06.12.
I imagined (perhaps erroneously) that other users were already at 1.00.06.12
Since no info is available from our friends at at&t &
Since there is no change log & Since my connection is solid behind a router (no double NAT conflict).
Naturally, I am curious why the software update.
Maybe it's just cosmetic. Maybe, IDK
Maybe I should not be so inquisitive
Grateful thanks to you and to all contributors.
bjm8

2 edits

bjm8 to wayjac

to wayjac
said by wayjac:

The terms software, firmware as used on this site have the same meaning
as used on this site

meaning 'bellsouth.net site ?
so, I should not apply info at bellsouth.net to my at&t westell
Thanks

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac

MVM

said by bjm8:

as used on this site
No....
dslreports and any other area where modem software/firmware is the topic of discussion

The at&t westell 6100 modem was first discussed on this site in early 2009 the software version was 01.00.06.00 then it started changing:
All three were factory shipped
daveinpoway
Premium Member
Poway, CA

daveinpoway to wayjac

Premium Member

to wayjac
It was my (possibly wrong) impression that there is only one F90-610025-06 modem that is used in all AT&T regions; they do not have different hardware or firmware for various regions.

att_tech
@bellsouth.net

att_tech

Anon

The Westell F90-610025-06 is indeed hardware that we use in all ADSL regions. The newest firmware, version 01.00.06.12, corrects issues that some customers were experiencing with earlier revisions of the firmware in the F90 hardware. Customers with this modem are strongly urged to update to the newest firmware for the best DSL experience.

Unfortunately, the software link on the AT&T Drivers & Downloads page for the F90 incorrectly points to the WRONG UPGRADE FILE for the F90. You may find the correct file here (the name of the file is F90-610025 01.00.06.12.rel.upg:

»www.fastaccess.drivers.b ··· irmware/
daveinpoway
Premium Member
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

I just updated my F90 to the 01.00.06.12 modem software version by using the manual update from server option. I see that a fault of the older firmware (even though the modem is online, the Check Connection ADSL test is shown as "Fail") still exists. Perhaps this will get fixed in the next software update.

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac to daveinpoway

MVM

to daveinpoway
said by daveinpoway:

As a point of interest, the text of the update file indicates that it is for a B90 Westell, not an F90. No clue as to whether they just labeled it wrong, or if the two models use the same update code. Since the F90 is much newer than the B90
The westell 6100 series has been shipping since 2004
said by daveinpoway:

It was my (possibly wrong) impression that there is only one F90-610025-06 modem that is used in all AT&T regions
This might be true for the F90-610025-06 model
There are many unique model numbers for the 6100 series and at least three unique user interfaces and the at&t model has two unique revisions
wayjac

wayjac to bjm8

MVM

to bjm8
said by bjm8:

I don't think you should
The bellsouth 6100 has a unique user interface
Bellsouth 6100 Information
bjm8
Oklahoma City, OK

bjm8 to wayjac

to wayjac
said by wayjac:

said by bjm8:

as used on this site
No....
dslreports and any other area where modem software/firmware is the topic of discussion
OK, thanks for clearing that up for me...
Interesting to know for future reference...
Odd, though since my westell device clearly points to a distinct software version and a distinct firmware version.
Just needed to know the rules of the game. I have no need to reinvent the wheel. Just needed to be advised that any area where modem software/firmware is the topic of discussion ~ software and firmware have the same meaning.
Thanks for cluing me in.
Cheers
bjm8

2 edits

bjm8 to att_tech

to att_tech
said by att_tech :

The Westell F90-610025-06 is indeed hardware that we use in all ADSL regions. The newest firmware, version 01.00.06.12, corrects issues that some customers were experiencing with earlier revisions of the firmware in the F90 hardware. Customers with this modem are strongly urged to update to the newest firmware for the best DSL experience
Interesting, all customers are urged to update or just those that have issues. My hardware is Rev N ~ 12/2009
I am not having any issues and all Check Connection report Pass.
My router plays well with Westell and connection (so far) is solid.
Interesting, 'daveinpoway' wrote - quote
I just updated my F90 to the 01.00.06.12 modem software version by using the manual update from server option. I see that a fault of the older firmware (even though the modem is online, the Check Connection ADSL test is shown as "Fail") still exists. Perhaps this will get fixed in the next software update. end quote
So, apparently 01.00.06.12 does not correct (all) issues as att_tech offers.
FWIW, I was advised not to manual update the att/sw supplied Motorola (the gray one).
I was informed that some users had the wheels fall off after manual update and the only fix was to buy a new modem.
That's one reason I am so cautious re this Westell Update.
I was strongly advised with the Motorola - if its working, leave it alone.
I'm tempted to do the same with the Westell.
I don't want the wheels falling off Westell. Gee wiz, I just got the darn thing.
Cheers
bjm8

bjm8 to wayjac

to wayjac
said by wayjac:

said by bjm8:

I don't think you should
The bellsouth 6100 has a unique user interface
Bellsouth 6100 Information
Aha!, Yes, I see there are obvious differences.
Great
Thanks much
bjm8

bjm8 to daveinpoway

to daveinpoway
said by daveinpoway:

It was my (possibly wrong) impression that there is only one F90-610025-06 modem that is used in all AT&T regions; they do not have different hardware or firmware for various regions.
If your impression is wrong. Than my impression is also wrong.
The att tech that swapped my old Motorola for new Westell advised me that all regions now use this very same device.
I'll trust dslreports before I trust ... (finish it as you wish)
Regards

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac to bjm8

MVM

to bjm8
said by bjm8:

Odd, though since my westell device clearly points to a distinct software version and a distinct firmware version
Most modems have different software versions and firmware versions

said by bjm8:

I was strongly advised with the Motorola - if its working, leave it alone. I'm tempted to do the same with the Westell
This is good advice for any device if there is no clear need to update avoid doing it