spc
Search similar:

uniqs
stonecaster
join:2010-10-17
Burlington, NC

stonecaster

Modem Reboot

Hey all, I have been with Northstate Plex 20meg service for a few months, I came from RR 10meg turbo service. My question is that I am a huge newsgroup user and subscribe to a newsgroup service. I use Newsrover as my news reader. My newsgroup service allows me 30 connections to their servers which was no problem with Road Runner. However anymore than 2 or 3 with Northstate causes the modem to reboot. It will download for a couple minutes, then the modem reboots, restarts and the process starts all over. Does anyone have any ideas that can help? This is driving me crazy and is enough to drive me back to Time Warners slower RR service. I have a Zhone modem provided by Northstate. I have tried wireless with modem, wireless with a router and direct lan connection to a router and to a modem. Each connection does the same thing.
Thanks.

wnichols85
@twtelecom.net

wnichols85

Anon

Re: Modem Reboot

I use their 6Mbps DSL service and it works fine. I am with a newsgroup service and i use Newsbin (newsbin.com) to download. I have a Zhone also. I would call in and see if you can get a firmware update to reflash it to factory.
stonecaster
join:2010-10-17
Burlington, NC

stonecaster

How many open connections are you running in NewzBin?

wnichols85
@twtelecom.net

wnichols85

Anon

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

said by wnichols85 :

I would ask for a modem swap, but just out of curiosity, why are you running 30 connections? For 30 simultaneous downloads or for higher speeds?