uniqs

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to Jasonfn22

Premium Member

to Jasonfn22

Re: Arris Tm722g emta now for sale at Best Buy.

I had to have my tm722g emta installed. I got to the activation screen and it asked me for my account number. I entered it and it came back that their was no account with that number. I spent about 9 hrs on the phone with 3 or 4 different sections of comcast support. They could not get the phone to work.
I believe the installer today entered more then the mac numbers. It possible that their more to it when you have a existing account then a new account.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

said by Caddyroger:

I had to have my tm722g emta installed. I got to the activation screen and it asked me for my account number. I entered it and it came back that their was no account with that number. I spent about 9 hrs on the phone with 3 or 4 different sections of comcast support. They could not get the phone to work.
I believe the installer today entered more then the mac numbers. It possible that their more to it when you have a existing account then a new account.
Yeah, there has to be a workorder in the system for that to work.

You need a tech on site to provision phone service.
noisefloor
join:2010-05-09

noisefloor to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
The emta needs to be provisioned into the switch and and another back end equipment database before it can connect to the telephony servers. Regular tech support does not have access to do this, mainly tier2 and dispatch DOJ will have the access. Takes all of 2 minutes if you have the access, but I can understand why they want a pro install only.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by noisefloor:

The emta needs to be provisioned into the switch and and another back end equipment database before it can connect to the telephony servers. Regular tech support does not have access to do this, mainly tier2 and dispatch DOJ will have the access. Takes all of 2 minutes if you have the access, but I can understand why they want a pro install only.
I found out the hard way that if you have phone service it takes a truck roll to get it installed correctly. It working ok now since the tech was here.
bsoft
join:2004-03-28
Boulder, CO

bsoft to beachintech

to beachintech
said by beachintech:

I did a self-install here in Boulder - Comcast sent me the eMTA. I did already have HSI and TV.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by bsoft:
said by beachintech:

I did a self-install here in Boulder - Comcast sent me the eMTA. I did already have HSI and TV.
If you are are a new customer to the phone service it might possible but you have phone service now and want to buy you own emta or use install theirs it not possible to do it yourself it will need a tech.