Search similar:

uniqs

Flippant
So Much For Subtlety

join:2000-06-04
Katy, TX

Flippant

Houston Texan Fans? [poll]

So they are off to a very respectable start of the season.
Poll
So how far do you think they will go?

Celebration in Arlington!

Deep into the playoffs

Division winner but not much further

Be happy if we see a Wild Card game

Another ho hum .500

How the heck could things have gone so wrong?

Votes:14

only me
Premium Member
join:2002-09-26
Texas

only me

Premium Member

O such hard choices!!! I think they'll be over 500.. but not much sure of anything more than that..

That being said.. I could say the obvious about them.. Lack of Defense.. the Defensive Line just isnt there

I will that our Offensive Line is one of the best out there.. Matt Shaub has ALL DAY to throw the ball! and speaking of Matt Shaub.. I think hes one of the most underrated quarterbacks out there.. I dont think the media gives him enough praise.. yes Johnson and Foster are play makers but w/o Shaub finding a way to get that ball where it needs to be we'd be back to David Carr days.. If Manning or Young or even Romo had the time (thanks to his offensive support) and made the plays that Shaub does.. You'd see headlines everywhere singing their praise.. Just sayin.. what do I know.. lol.. Im more of a baseball fan anyway!

Speaking of baseball.. anyone else hoping for a Berkman/Oswalt matchup? haha

SandShark5
Long may you run
Premium Member
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX

SandShark5 to Flippant

Premium Member

to Flippant
They have a tough schedule with some tough away games and with that defense they'll be lucky to go 5-5 the rest of the way. DeMeco Ryans being out for the rest of the season doesn't help matters. That win yesterday was like, "Whew, we pulled that one out of our collective ass. How'd we do that?" I though KC played a better game than the Texans.

Flippant
So Much For Subtlety

Katy, TX

Flippant

I am guessing we are all pessimists, but probably just realists.

That last touchdown was FNL worth.

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX

MysticGogeta to Flippant

Premium Member

to Flippant
I love our team but our coaching is horrible and defense plays very inconsistently along with a weak secondary. I would love to see us in the playoff but I don't think were quite at that level yet.

Flippant
So Much For Subtlety

Katy, TX

Flippant

So now that the season is over and the season was so bad. Where do you think we go from here?

New head coach?
New assistant coaches.
Plead to the NFL owners to shorten games to 59 minutes?
Draft heavy for defensive backs?
Draft heavy for receivers, OLine?
New QB?

Coach Cowher anyone? It took some long bad seasons for the Steelers to turn things around, could he do it here?

only me
Premium Member
join:2002-09-26
Texas

only me

Premium Member

All I know is.. I dont think that Wade Phillips is the answer

Flippant
So Much For Subtlety

Katy, TX

Flippant

I hate to even think it but Andre Johnson, who does play hurt, really looks like he has lost a step or two.Although for the most part the offense did a good job this year.

Yeah I do not know if Phillips can bring that defense up to the level it needs to be.

mr sean
Professional Infidel

join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia

mr sean

Can we get the league to invoke the mercy rule if Phillips' 3-4 cant stop the opponents?

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX

MysticGogeta

Premium Member

I hope he can turn the defense around because our secondary couldn't stop a high school team and our pass rush has been lacking badly.