nysports4evr
Premium Member
join:2010-01-23

1 edit

nysports4evr

Premium Member

[OT] Security Guards at Local comcast office

This is pretty off-topic, but....

Was over at the Comcast Local office on Britt Road in Jensen Beach, FL today and there are now security guards working there.

One was in the parking lot directing... traffic, and another was inside just standing there watching us in the line.

What gives? Something terrible happen at a local office or something?

Anyone else notice this?

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

Re: Security Guards at Local comcast office

Like everything else, it's just a part of todays society.
nysports4evr
Premium Member

nysports4evr

Premium Member

Yikes. Last time I was there a few months ago, they were nowhere to be seen.

Ripper
Premium Member
join:2002-02-07
Lake Worth, FL

Ripper to nysports4evr

Premium Member

to nysports4evr
They have had a security guard in the Lake Worth Rd. Lake Worth FL office, for years now.

pokesph
It Is Almost Fast
Premium Member
join:2001-06-25
Sacramento, CA

pokesph to nysports4evr

Premium Member

to nysports4evr
likely watching out for grannies with hammers and other wonderful customers who may want to do bad things.
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss to nysports4evr

Premium Member

to nysports4evr
It could also be related to the number of cash payments at that location (guessing), but either way, its a sad reflection on our society today - imho.
orchidjulie
join:2010-05-29
Miami, FL

orchidjulie to nysports4evr

to nysports4evr
Not news for the Miami (Kendall) office, which is a zoo. At their old location there was a separate line/window just for payments, so you didn't have to stand behind 25 people with equipment issues just to pay a bill. Now there's one line, and a guard.
nysports4evr
Premium Member

nysports4evr

Premium Member

Place was packed today... there was a security guard in the parking lot directing traffic (what?)

Two lines, one for "DTAS ONLY" and one for everything else
orchidjulie
join:2010-05-29
Miami, FL

orchidjulie

I haven't seen a parking lot guard yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. I've been over there half an hour before open-time and there were already 10-15 people waiting in line outside.

Not a pleasant experience, going to the Comcast office.

Tordek7
Make the outages go away
Premium Member
join:2009-09-07
Great White

1 recommendation

Tordek7 to pokesph

Premium Member

to pokesph
said by pokesph:

likely watching out for grannies with hammers and other wonderful customers who may want to do bad things.
People are Idiots.... Seriously... what is in the water?

If i EVER seen a customer coming at me with a hammer... i don't care if they are 90 or 9 they will be feeling the good kick of a 4 foot length of 1250 CT fiber.

Get your point across without violence people.... I love how in the article once again the MSO looks like the bad guy.... Most likely Comcast blacklisted them from EVER getting services again. I know thats how we roll.

Had a guy get "angry" because he had 2 repeat TC's (It happens) lost a section of plant to horrible noise, found out that buddy had ripped down the feeder and shoved it into his generator for his cabin.

240V AC were running over the cable. Do people not realize that techs can be injured or killed from this?!

/Rant

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA

1 edit

RR Conductor to nysports4evr

Premium Member

to nysports4evr
I've never seen a guard at the Comcast office near me in Ukiah, CA, of course it is a small town (16,000) in a big, rural county with low population (3800 Sq.Miles in size, 86,000 population).
Jasonfn22
join:2009-11-20
Bethlehem, GA

Jasonfn22 to nysports4evr

to nysports4evr
Anytime your working at a place that involves some type of service that feeds your home it can be a little hairy at times because some ppl take their money very seriously and some have very little patience.You see it in posts here all the time I mean ppl actually think everything in the world is suppose to work perfect and work forever and only for them which means not willing to bare the thought that them and there neighbor are on the same whatever it may be.Those security guards in my opinion are fro grown up children who act for the lack of a better word like damn idiots,because the person they are yelling at has nothing to do or even know what their problem is.Its like yelling at a waitress because the food is cooked wrong,its f____ing pathetic.Its crap like that which drives our rates up because now that we have idiots then comcast has to hire security and you know who pays their damn salary?That's rt the customers,they consider them overhead but you bet your ass its being paid other than overhead.So everybody thank all the complaining ass ppl.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Tordek7

Premium Member

to Tordek7
said by Tordek7:
said by pokesph:

People are Idiots.... Seriously... what is in the water?

If i EVER seen a customer coming at me with a hammer... i don't care if they are 90 or 9 they will be feeling the good kick of a 4 foot length of 1250 CT fiber.

Get your point across without violence people.... I love how in the article once again the MSO looks like the bad guy.... Most likely Comcast blacklisted them from EVER getting services again. I know thats how we roll.

Had a guy get "angry" because he had 2 repeat TC's (It happens) lost a section of plant to horrible noise, found out that buddy had ripped down the feeder and shoved it into his generator for his cabin.

240V AC were running over the cable. Do people not realize that techs can be injured or killed from this?!

/Rant
ouch why do people mess with utilities they know nothing about?

Anyway, repeat TCs do happen and sometimes they have to happen to really drill down the problem. heck it happens with cars too and anything else that sometimes needs repairs. repair guys can only fix what they can test for and find. and even worse some customers dont like the cable guy poking around the house and checking out everything so they cant always gain access to the celler and find that messed up splitter that is 10yrs old and is radio shack garbage.
Expand your moderator at work
hiptechboy
join:2009-09-02
Stockton, CA

hiptechboy to nysports4evr

to nysports4evr

Re: Security Guards at Local comcast office

When some places get converted to digital then they get a lot of upset and angry people coming in for their new dta boxes so that is probably why you saw security directing traffic and a lot of people. When Sacramento got switched to DTA, on the news they had a large number of people coming in and had security.

heat84
DSLR Influencer
join:2004-03-11
Delray Beach, FL

1 edit

heat84 to orchidjulie

to orchidjulie

Re: Security Guards at Local comcast office going off topic

said by orchidjulie:

I haven't seen a parking lot guard yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. I've been over there half an hour before open-time and there were already 10-15 people waiting in line outside.

Not a pleasant experience, going to the Comcast office.
Worse than the DMV?

Tordek7
Make the outages go away
Premium Member
Great White

2 edits

Tordek7

Premium Member

[OT] in [OT] Security Guards at Local comcast office

Worse then the security checkpoint at the airport during a
Orange "We think the masses are thking to much for themselves so we think that maybe possibly somewhere kinda there may be a terrorist attack (not really)" alert ?

lol

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

1 edit

RR Conductor

Premium Member

said by Tordek7:

Orange "We think the masses are thking to much for themselves so we think that maybe possibly somewhere kinda there may be a terrorist attack (not really)" alert ?

lol
One reason I fly ONLY if it's 100% abosolutely and positively neccessary

Tordek7
Make the outages go away
Premium Member
Great White

2 edits

Tordek7

Premium Member

said by RR Conductor:
said by Tordek7:

lol
One reason I fly ONLY if it's 100% abosolutely and positively neccessary
I got a Nexus pass. I get to skip all of those lines.

»www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog ··· eng.html

All i have to do is swipe my finger, and pass an iris check for biometrics. It beeps, the gate opens, the border guard nods and away i go.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

4 edits

RR Conductor

Premium Member

I just hate flying in general, a free pass wouldn't tempt me one bit Just put me on a train or a car, then I'm happy! With Amtrak, Metrolink, etc. I just have to have a valid Photo ID, and I'm good to go. You can still purchase tickets on board the train, but you have to have a valid Photo ID now to do that too, or they will kick you off the train. They do random searches too now, though I've never had one done.