Search similar:

uniqs
PuffTMD
join:2010-02-05
Escondido, CA

1 edit

PuffTMD

Factory Refurbished Dell laptop?

I found a coupon for 20% off Dell Outlet factory refurbished laptops. It has their standard 1-yr warranty. I'm worried about refurbished mainly because it's a laptop. Desktops I am comfortable swapping out pieces if there's an issue, but I feel I'm kinda locked in with whatever comes with the laptop (difficult to replace parts).

EDIT: I've now read thru a few "refurb" threads. I saw a mention of Dell Outlet. So, I guess my actual question is: Is factory refurbished OK for a Dell laptop if you are going thru Dell Outlet???

AdamB0
join:2001-01-07
Columbus, OH

AdamB0

I've bought a ton of stuff from the Dell outlet. It is pretty much the main reason I buy from Dell. You couldn't tell any difference from a brand new laptop plus you get it faster.
PuffTMD
Escondido, CA

1 edit

PuffTMD

Thanks for the reply, Adam. I guess this topic has been beaten to death in this forum already. The general consensus seems to be that there's nothing wrong with refurbished laptops from the original company, as it comes with the same standard warranty as new. Third-party refurbished sites are a bit more random - might be ok, might not.

I was hoping for a general consensus of Dell Outlet in particular, guess you're the consensus! Thanks again
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned) to PuffTMD

to PuffTMD
My Laptop is refurbished and works great. Save some $$$...

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

MVM

Yep, look at it this way: That computer was "new" and what happened? Something was wrong...or thought to be wrong, the notebook was returned/replaced.

Ok, two things to consider:

1. This notebook has actually been checked out more than the average Dell.

2. That this is a refurb tells you that buying "new" is the exact same risk, right?
PuffTMD
Escondido, CA

PuffTMD

Now, THAT ... is an awesome argument!

rustydusty
join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty to PuffTMD

to PuffTMD
I just purchased a refurb Asus. Haven't gotten it yet, but there wasn't one bad review out the item out of the 10 I read. I think they check them over pretty good before they put them up for sale.
PuffTMD
Escondido, CA

PuffTMD

And, just to close this out - bought the Dell Alienware M11x R2:

i7-640 UM
320GB hdd 7200
8-cell battery
4GB DDR3 memory (1333mhz)
Blu-ray card
MS Works 9
1520 802.11n
1-yr warranty

Free shipping - with tax $913usd

Expected delivery: 10/26/2010 I CAN'T WAIT!!! *fingers crossed*

Oh - if anyone's looking and ok for refurbished, website for 20% off expires this Friday (10/22/2010):

»www.xpbargains.com/st_de ··· pons.htm