daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway to wayjac

Premium Member

to wayjac

Re: Westell Modem software update

It was my (possibly wrong) impression that there is only one F90-610025-06 modem that is used in all AT&T regions; they do not have different hardware or firmware for various regions.

att_tech
@bellsouth.net

att_tech

Anon

The Westell F90-610025-06 is indeed hardware that we use in all ADSL regions. The newest firmware, version 01.00.06.12, corrects issues that some customers were experiencing with earlier revisions of the firmware in the F90 hardware. Customers with this modem are strongly urged to update to the newest firmware for the best DSL experience.

Unfortunately, the software link on the AT&T Drivers & Downloads page for the F90 incorrectly points to the WRONG UPGRADE FILE for the F90. You may find the correct file here (the name of the file is F90-610025 01.00.06.12.rel.upg:

»www.fastaccess.drivers.b ··· irmware/
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

I just updated my F90 to the 01.00.06.12 modem software version by using the manual update from server option. I see that a fault of the older firmware (even though the modem is online, the Check Connection ADSL test is shown as "Fail") still exists. Perhaps this will get fixed in the next software update.
bjm8
join:2008-05-10
Oklahoma City, OK

2 edits

bjm8 to att_tech

to att_tech
said by att_tech :

The Westell F90-610025-06 is indeed hardware that we use in all ADSL regions. The newest firmware, version 01.00.06.12, corrects issues that some customers were experiencing with earlier revisions of the firmware in the F90 hardware. Customers with this modem are strongly urged to update to the newest firmware for the best DSL experience
Interesting, all customers are urged to update or just those that have issues. My hardware is Rev N ~ 12/2009
I am not having any issues and all Check Connection report Pass.
My router plays well with Westell and connection (so far) is solid.
Interesting, 'daveinpoway' wrote - quote
I just updated my F90 to the 01.00.06.12 modem software version by using the manual update from server option. I see that a fault of the older firmware (even though the modem is online, the Check Connection ADSL test is shown as "Fail") still exists. Perhaps this will get fixed in the next software update. end quote
So, apparently 01.00.06.12 does not correct (all) issues as att_tech offers.
FWIW, I was advised not to manual update the att/sw supplied Motorola (the gray one).
I was informed that some users had the wheels fall off after manual update and the only fix was to buy a new modem.
That's one reason I am so cautious re this Westell Update.
I was strongly advised with the Motorola - if its working, leave it alone.
I'm tempted to do the same with the Westell.
I don't want the wheels falling off Westell. Gee wiz, I just got the darn thing.
Cheers
bjm8

bjm8 to daveinpoway

to daveinpoway
said by daveinpoway:

It was my (possibly wrong) impression that there is only one F90-610025-06 modem that is used in all AT&T regions; they do not have different hardware or firmware for various regions.
If your impression is wrong. Than my impression is also wrong.
The att tech that swapped my old Motorola for new Westell advised me that all regions now use this very same device.
I'll trust dslreports before I trust ... (finish it as you wish)
Regards