state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6

4 recommendations

*** Important notice regarding advertising in this forum ***

Drive-by cookie cutter advertisements have been increasing as of late (as I'm sure many of you have noticed) so effective immediately the following additions have been made to the forum rules:

If you are starting a new topic for the sole purpose of advertising, you must have a registered level 1 account in good standing.
    New topics started by anonymous users for the sole purpose of advertising will be deleted immediately.

It's important to remember why this forum is here, for discussions related to webhosting, not for advertisements from companies that could care less to hang around and contribute something of value.

These rules have been added to the forum rules page, which can be viewed here: »Posting Rules - Webhosting

ViviTheMage
vivi
Premium
join:2002-10-28
Minneapolis, MN

Nice :thumbsup:

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON
kudos:3
reply to state

Good stuff.

Singular
Premium
join:2008-08-13
Shelbyville, KY
kudos:2
reply to state

Great Work!
--
-Singular

LevelHosting
Premium
join:2009-04-28
Mississauga, ON
reply to state

Hello State,

I actually sent quite a few of the moderators some private messages along with email submissions requesting for additional information pertaining to advertising services such as rate cards or a media kits but we have never heard back from anyone.

Would you be able to provide the contact details for the proper individuals or channels in charge of handling advertising inquiries?

We are very interested in establishing contact with someone to discuss advertising opportunities through dslreports.com.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
--
LevelHosting - Meeting the demands of high traffic web sites at an affordable price.

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6

1 recommendation

I think you misunderstood what I meant by advertising -- I'm referring to hosts (such as yourself) posting their offerings here in the forum (as you have done in the past).

We don't offer any sort of direct advertisements here on the site, here's what the site owner has to say on the matter:

The option is (or was) there when we had direct advertising relationships however I never enjoyed having advertisers spend money on ads then write emails saying, in effect, that they didn't like something or other written about them and could it be edited/removed/moved/challenged "since we spend money with you". Think about that next time you use a site that offers a lot of direct advertising. True editorial independence is a very rare thing.
I hope that answers your questions.
Expand your moderator at work

CThunder
CThunder
Premium
join:2002-12-26
Los Angeles, CA
reply to state

Re: *** Important notice regarding advertising in this forum ***

How do you see if you have a level 1 account?