spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jarablue
Always be true to yourself
join:2001-06-11
Worcester, MA

jarablue

Top 10 invite only and Top 10 free torrent sites?

Hey guys. I wanted to know what the top 10 free and invite only torrent sites are.

What are you guys using? I can search google of course but I wanted to see what the members here post up.

Thanks!
c1590
join:2010-02-28

1 recommendation

c1590

public-TPB, kickasstorrents, isohunt, btjunkie
private-demonoid

Having sampled many private torrent sites for years, I rarely find content on them that isn't already on public sites. Releasers want people to download their content, maybe obscure/niche stuff but most mainstream content is almost always reposted on public sites. Some stuff I still find on invite only torrent sites is like sports torrents, ebooks, textbooks/testing related torrents. Lately it's been more of a trend for scene-access type torrent sites to be open registration, but still governed by private site rules like having ratios, closed uploading. Also there have been tons of country-specific torrent sites in their own language growing in popularity.

It's common practice for torrent websites to scrape data from other torrent websites. For example if I post a torrent on TPB it will probably be on 100 other websites by the end of the day. I call it the trickle down effect. You'll inevitably have to sort through some of that minutia.

If you want a general idea, this list:
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co ··· nt_sites

You can sort by alexa traffic rank (popularity) and public/private status.

If you come across a dead torrent (no seeds) and can't find it on any other torrent sites, don't forget to check newsgroups and file hosting websites like rapidshare. They have long retention periods.

prestonlewis
Premium Member
join:2003-04-13
Sacramento, CA

1 recommendation

prestonlewis to jarablue

Premium Member

to jarablue
Kickasstorrents.com is my first choice. Demonoid.com is my 2nd choice. Otherwise, Azureus/Vuze will search around 5 public torrent sites for me if I use it.

Demonoid seems to have a very high reliability index. Any "fakes" get weeded out pretty quickly so if I want a new movie, I always use Demonoid.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to jarablue

Premium Member

to jarablue
This is somewhat accurate : »www.torrent-invites.com/ ··· els.html

Although i would rank GFT and SCC on the same level as FTN (7).

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to jarablue

Premium Member

to jarablue
I primarily use Demonoid and KickAss, TPB and IsoHunt have to many ads and malvertising, fakes abound in the latter as well.
You can get an invite for Demonoid for the asking though it sometimes is open for brief periods for free registration.

As already stated junk .Torrents are weeded out from Demonoid fairly quick, KickAss seems to be doing a better job of late.

I can't list ten since I don't use ten.

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

Doctor Four to jarablue

Premium Member

to jarablue
A major hazard of using TPB is going there with an unprotected browser, such as IE.

Malicious ads abound on the site, though I have never seen them due to the use of Firefox with Adblock Plus and NoScript.

Demonoid does have a lot of content that you can't easily find elsewhere. Plus they have a fairly large number of torrents (around 200,000 I read on one site once).

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

TPB is generally safe using IE assuming your running something like a Hosts file, your good to go.

To many fake .Torrents there for my liking, Doctor Four See Profile
PURENESS1987
join:2010-06-12
New York, NY

PURENESS1987 to jarablue

to jarablue
I want list of Top 20 invite only torrent sites.

thepiratebay is AIO

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

Did you bother to check my link?

jarablue
Always be true to yourself
join:2001-06-11
Worcester, MA

jarablue

Yes I did.

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium Member
join:2001-08-02
La Porte, IN

1 recommendation

ztmike to jarablue

Premium Member

to jarablue
bitsoup.org

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

1 recommendation

Doctor Four to jarablue

Premium Member

to jarablue
Bitsoup is a good one to get into, but they don't ever offer invites. Instead they open registration periodically.

You just have to get in at the right time.

As far as most requested private tracker invites go, FileShareFreak just posted an article on the 50 most requested private tracker invites. The 1st 25 of these are here: »filesharefreak.com/2010/ ··· art-one/

According to them, the top 10 are:
1. TorrentLeech
2. SCC
3. FtN
4. Waffles.fm
5. BitMe.org
6. TranceTraffic
7. What.CD
8. PassThe Popcorn
9. Blackcats-Games
10. SceneHD.org

The rankings are based on invite requests and filled invite requests on multiple invite request forums.

funkym0nk3y
truthlover
join:2002-06-27

funkym0nk3y to jarablue

to jarablue
i tried bitsoup thanks to several of the replies in this thread, and the speeds are amazing - max out my line with dl of 3.6mb/s! very happy...

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to jarablue

Premium Member

to jarablue
Great thread. Very informative. Thanks!