uniqs
share rss forum feed

Angrychair

join:2000-09-20
Jacksonville, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

Sprint 4g = clearwire?

Because I can say wholeheartedly that it's underwhelming. I live in an area on their map that lists me as getting 4g within my home, but my phone gets one or two bars in 4g in my living room. Out on the main road it gets full signal, but still pulls very underwhelming speed tests (less than 2mbps down, less than 25kbps up).

LivinWparnts

@sbcglobal.net

Ya but its doing this wireless!! I think its a great product and love clearwire so far..

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
reply to Angrychair

I'm sure everyone's experience is different, but I could not be happier with my Sprint HTC EVO's 4G performance. Here in Northern Virginia, if I am in a spot with 1 or more 4G bars, I have been able to stream my Slingbox video to my phone without any issues. I've never seen it throttled and I've had great speeds at all hours of the day/night.

I watched an entire round of the British Open golf tournament, and several legs of the Tour de France without any problems. I just watched the Yankees - Rangers baseball game last night and it was perfect for the entire game.

Sprint's 4G is great for many of us, and hopefully it will improve in those areas where people are experiencing problems or poor performance.

HTC EVO 4G

I captured a couple of screen shots of the movie "The Blind Side" being shown on HBO with my EVO's SlingMedia player.

From Movie

From the Movie

Angrychair

join:2000-09-20
Jacksonville, FL

Well la-di-da. It's great to know they're not relative shit in your area.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16

1 recommendation

reply to jmn1207

Wow that's a terrible result for 4G. Here's typically what I get on my Evo

I love how low the pings are with Sprint. AT&T was always 250ms+ when I had the iPhone.
--
Time Warner Cable Subscriber, Fanboy, Shill & Lover - Providing an advanced fiber network since before fiber became popular
Sprint Subscriber, Fanboy, Shill & Lover - America’s most dependable 3G network, first 4G network, best push to talk network

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA

Right, terrible, please.

I was inside my office building sitting at my desk, which is located away from the windows, so I had no GPS lock and the app ran the test on the last server that was used. Notice the latency on my test? When I use a test server in and around D.C., and I have better line of sight to the tower, my latency and speed results are much closer to what you are posting.

Still, a steady 6 Mbps wireless connection is freaking awesome for many, many people. Having absolutely no cap limit is the icing on the cake, until it melts away and Sprint has a change of heart.

But, I concede. You are the true champ of the 4G speed test.

simstick

join:2004-07-02
Houston, TX
reply to Steve Mehs

said by Steve Mehs:

Wow that's a terrible result for 4G. Here's typically what I get on my Evo
I love how low the pings are with Sprint. AT&T was always 250ms+ when I had the iPhone.
The home users were bragging like that for about four months so they get the good reviews then they will cap your a$$.