dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Such Coincidence !
This is a sub-selection from Sprint 4g = clearwire?

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207 to Angrychair

Premium Member

to Angrychair

Re: Sprint 4g = clearwire?

I'm sure everyone's experience is different, but I could not be happier with my Sprint HTC EVO's 4G performance. Here in Northern Virginia, if I am in a spot with 1 or more 4G bars, I have been able to stream my Slingbox video to my phone without any issues. I've never seen it throttled and I've had great speeds at all hours of the day/night.

I watched an entire round of the British Open golf tournament, and several legs of the Tour de France without any problems. I just watched the Yankees - Rangers baseball game last night and it was perfect for the entire game.

Sprint's 4G is great for many of us, and hopefully it will improve in those areas where people are experiencing problems or poor performance.

HTC EVO 4G

I captured a couple of screen shots of the movie "The Blind Side" being shown on HBO with my EVO's SlingMedia player.

From Movie

From the Movie
Angrychair
join:2000-09-20
Jacksonville, FL

Angrychair

Well la-di-da. It's great to know they're not relative shit in your area.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

1 recommendation

Happydude32 to jmn1207

Premium Member

to jmn1207
Wow that's a terrible result for 4G. Here's typically what I get on my Evo

I love how low the pings are with Sprint. AT&T was always 250ms+ when I had the iPhone.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

Right, terrible, please.

I was inside my office building sitting at my desk, which is located away from the windows, so I had no GPS lock and the app ran the test on the last server that was used. Notice the latency on my test? When I use a test server in and around D.C., and I have better line of sight to the tower, my latency and speed results are much closer to what you are posting.

Still, a steady 6 Mbps wireless connection is freaking awesome for many, many people. Having absolutely no cap limit is the icing on the cake, until it melts away and Sprint has a change of heart.

But, I concede. You are the true champ of the 4G speed test.
simstick
join:2004-07-02
Houston, TX

simstick to Happydude32

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

Wow that's a terrible result for 4G. Here's typically what I get on my Evo
I love how low the pings are with Sprint. AT&T was always 250ms+ when I had the iPhone.
The home users were bragging like that for about four months so they get the good reviews then they will cap your a$$.
« Such Coincidence !
This is a sub-selection from Sprint 4g = clearwire?