how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JerryTimes

join:2002-01-09
Roseville, MI

I've read most of this.

I think this guy is a joke. There is no way that a sane person would still have service from a company after all of this. I also find it funny that he doesn't seem to understand that speed tests wont be the same everywhere, since at some point, especially when testing on a server far from your home, you are actually off of your ISP's network, hence, what companies mean by 'speeds are not guaranteed'.

I did a trace route to www.google.com, and speeds were fine since there aren't many hops after your off Comcasts network. Then I did a trace route to www.khl.ru, which is Russia's pro hockey league. Things are fast as can be until he start hitting the servers that aren't on Comcasts network.

Reporting a bad experience is one thing, but I think that this guy is lying.

FreedomBuild
Well done is better than well said
Premium
join:2004-10-08
Rockford, IL

1 edit

said by JerryTimes:

I think this guy is a joke...
Reporting a bad experience is one thing, but I think that this guy is lying.
Your opinion...

I still have all the data I had posted here and then some for 2.5 years. But I have nothing to prove to you. My latest gripes haven't been about speeds but rather the spotty service. I hadn't actually done a speed test is quite awhile. Apparently you hadn't read the whole thing or even most of it. Please, save the sarcastic remarks and rhetoric for something else. In the meantime have a great day.
--
»www.freedombuild.net »www.rockfordremodeling.biz »www.youtube.com/user/MrFreedomBuilders »www.facebook.com/freedombuildersfans

JerryTimes

Roseville, MI

I'm just saying, what person in their right mind would stay with a provider that apparently does little to nothing right when it comes to providing service. I could understand if this post started 4 months ago but it's been YEARS!

FreedomBuild
Well done is better than well said
Premium
join:2004-10-08
Rockford, IL

I manage a few websites. Comcast has been pretty consistent (& fastest) on the upload. Lately service has been relatively better. Comcast chose me, I didn't choose them. This is a honest public long term documentation of my Comcast experience. ISP competition/choices truly suck in Rockford.....again, you hadn't read most of this or you would have read what I just typed
--
»www.freedombuild.net »www.rockfordremodeling.biz »www.youtube.com/user/MrFreedomBuilders »www.facebook.com/freedombuildersfans

JerryTimes

Roseville, MI

This might sound out there, but believe me, it will cause issues. Are you sure that you have no electrical problems in your house? Electrical issues cause so many problems with tv/internet service. I had a friend who was having some issues and we eventually discovered that he had a problem with the circuit that goes to the room where the internet was located. This problem was putting 40 volts on the cable (using it as a ground) and would cause his modem to malfunction. Even issues that you might not notice otherwise. Just asking.