join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

1 recommendation

Chubbysumo

meanwhile back in reality........

most users ARE NOT in FiOS territory, or Verizon has tried to balk on franchising agreements, tossed all their DSL lines, and the end users suffer the most. what about all the verizon and former verizon customers who could barely get 2mbps, let alone 1 Gbps. this is just and simply Public relations to say that they can, and downplay the fact that less than 10% of their actual customer base will see any speeds more than a few mbps for the next 50 years unless they switch to cable or the govt that is bought and sold steps in.

runzero
join:2005-09-16
DC

runzero

A good chunk of Verizon customers are in FiOS territory, I'd say about 70-80%. The other 20% are either dirt-poor, in cities that refused to sign contracts with Verizon, or are too low in population to be profitable.

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96

Premium Member

said by runzero:

A good chunk of Verizon customers are in FiOS territory, I'd say about 70-80%. The other 20% are either dirt-poor, in cities that refused to sign contracts with Verizon, or are too low in population to be profitable.
You couldn't be farther from the truth on that one.
Bob61571
join:2008-08-08
Washington, IL

1 edit

1 recommendation

Bob61571 to runzero

to runzero
"The other 20% are either dirt-poor, in cities that refused to sign contracts with Verizon, or are too low in population to be profitable."

Sir/Madam, you sure have an interesting opinion about New York City, Baltimore, and Washington, DC.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

1 edit

r81984 to runzero

Premium Member

to runzero
said by runzero:

Try 20% are in fios territory.
Fios is vaporware to the vast majority of Verizon territory.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99 to Jodokast96

to Jodokast96
20% are either dirt-poor

While their kids pay fortune for unlimited texting or buy vodka.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to Bob61571

to Bob61571
Cities have rich areas and poor areas. Rich areas cross subsidize poor areas. Unless its Rhode Island, rural areas have no rich areas to subsidize all the poor in that rural area.