uniqs
gaforces (banned)
United We Stand, Divided We Fall
join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA

1 edit

gaforces (banned)

Cost too much

They sucked me in with the teaser rate of 29.99 a mo. Right after that they changed the tiers so the channels I liked were on a more expensive tier so it went to 45.XX a mo.

Then I'm enjoying my cable tv a little less because of price hike and whammo, the bill jumps to 71.XX. I call them up and try to get a lower price but was denied. 3 mo later I cancelled.

I'm happy with OTA HD and Netflix now, total cost = 12.01 a mo.

I expect comcast will still do well without my subscription and others that wont pay thier outrageous prices, they will only make 40 billion instead of 50 billion.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

I can't stand having to pay for large packages of channels I will never watch. They need the a la carte options now to survive, and embrace being a dumb pipe provider. With the majority of the same popular programming online for free with the very same commercials the studios are basically taking the power away from the providers. The studios make the ad revenue now, and the providers are the ones loosing ground.

When I had ComCrap I only had the $10 local only since my reception sucked, and my internet wasn't very fast. I have faster internet now, not with ComCrap, and I do have decent ota, however I'd rather watch what I want on my own schedule online.