spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch

One-box soultion

If someone wanted to make a lot of money, they'd but together a box that has an OTA tuner, Boxee, Netflix, an open IPTV platform, and a DVR, all working together. Build that, sell it cheap, and people will be beating down your door.

I firmly believe that the main thing keeping people on cable is the lack of a simple, comprehensive alternative that non-geeks can get and set up on their own.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

The only thing keeping that back are the people who produce the content in the first place.
flbas1
join:2010-02-03
Fort Lauderdale, FL

flbas1 to ISurfTooMuch

to ISurfTooMuch
look up »www.mythbuntu.org

they give the software away for free

you need to supply [n+1] computers, where n= the number of TV's. the computers can be cheap (acer revo aspire 1) or something cheaper. maybe an old computer?

the [+1] equation is the server; where you put in a OTA capture card and OTA HD Antenna.
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch

I'm aware of Myth and its variants. What I'm saying is that, if someone would build the boxes and have them ready to plug in, they'd sell. Do what TiVo did. After all, TiVo is basically a computer running Linux and their DVR software, packaged up in a nice case. Build something that's a cross between that, Roku, and Boxee, and sell it cheap.