share rss forum feed

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK
reply to FFH5

Re: Not cord cutting; but TV video cutting

I never had anything more than basic cable included with my condo. Never upgraded. Been streaming Hulu when most did not know about it.....among others.
Have not paid for long distance since the late 80s because of Internet phone.

Some new technology will come along. In the mean time people will cling on to those expensive plans for a long while.
Will always be people like this.
Most are slow to catch on and adapt.

And some people are strange to me. If I told some of my friends that they could stream most of what they watch on tv free they would still continue paying $150/month for cable/satellite.
It has to be a perfect picture you know.....be able to count tv star nose hairs or whatnot.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
...and the PQ isn't always that great on cable either. Compare PQ from one cable provider to another, and you'll see what I mean.

matrix3D

join:2006-09-27
Middletown, CT
reply to Majestik
quote:
Am I missing something here? How did you not have to pay for long distance because of "Internet phone" in the 80's? The Internet wasn't even really commercially available until the 90's and VoIP certainly wasn't around until after 2000.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK
said by matrix3D:

quote:
Am I missing something here? How did you not have to pay for long distance because of "Internet phone" in the 80's? The Internet wasn't even really commercially available until the 90's and VoIP certainly wasn't around until after 2000.
You're right I didn't even hear about the Internet until the mid 90s. I think I bought my first computer in 95 or 96....it was a 286 and it was just bulletin boards. Took me 25 minutes to download a color picture.
1998-99 was when I first use Internet phone because it was during the time when I was day trading. I remember the echo and feedback on occasion.
Also at this time I was using Internet telephone when in Rio de Janeiro at the phone company.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....