zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

Storm experiences?

Have any experiences, photos, etc from the October 26-27 storms that hit the Midwest?

I posted a topic in the weather forum, see »Storm line
--
ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.earth -- reboot universe? (Y/N)

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 recommendation

I am outside of Dayton, Ohio - lots of wind and sheets of rain. I was driving in it and more than once the steering wheel was yanked out of my hands by deep water I would not see. Couple of trees down locally - gusts in the 55-72 mph range. At least 2 tornadoes (F- zero) with a possible 3rd that caused damage.

Some local uploaded pics here:
»www.whiotv.com/weather/index.html
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Parogadi
What? Stop Looking At Me Like That
Premium
join:2003-03-31
Racine, WI
reply to EGeezer
Been pretty meh so far. We had a minor tornado though that looked like something I'd be stupid enough to go outside in.

»www.journaltimes.com/vmix_c441dc···2e0.html

I mean look at that. I'd love to have gone mythbuster and laid down in the parking lot to ride it out.

But yeah, the wind storm we had a few months back did allot more damage, but those where more or less straight line winds. Was a nice night for a walk...
--
Please visit »libertynewstv.com -|- »innworldreport.net -|- »freespeech.org -|- »sourcecode.freespeech.org -|- »indymedia.org -|- »democracynow.org

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium
join:2002-06-05
Fort Worth, TX
kudos:1
reply to EGeezer
It got cold and windy here....

Nothin more... It was a cold night at work.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
said by burner50:

It got cold and windy here....

Nothin more... It was a cold night at work.
We 'saw' some strong wind (based on the trees and pond across street from my work) and hard rain for 5 minutes (maybe 10). At home, according to babysitter, she made no mention of any real wind but did say it rained hard. I expected some branches to be down but only had leaves... I had mulched/mowed the night before so the yard was 'clean'. The amount of leaves was nothing really out of the ordinary from a windy day.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to EGeezer
Ironically, on a local TV station's Facebook page, they posted that one of their reporters was "searching for damage" from the storm. I responded with "if she has to *search* for it, maybe it wasn't all that bad". By that, I meant the way they built it up (I understand some did suffer damage).

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium
join:2002-06-05
Fort Worth, TX
kudos:1
reply to EGeezer
I was one county away from the giant tornado watch...

a whole lotta nothin.

Parogadi
What? Stop Looking At Me Like That
Premium
join:2003-03-31
Racine, WI
reply to Hall
said by Hall:

Ironically, on a local TV station's Facebook page, they posted that one of their reporters was "searching for damage" from the storm. I responded with "if she has to *search* for it, maybe it wasn't all that bad". By that, I meant the way they built it up (I understand some did suffer damage).
Oh yes, the ones here went on and on how if this storm was over the Atlantic it would have been a Cat3 hurricane. If thats an F3 that means I could sleep though most hurricanes...
--
Please visit »libertynewstv.com -|- »innworldreport.net -|- »freespeech.org -|- »sourcecode.freespeech.org -|- »indymedia.org -|- »democracynow.org

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Hall
The storm got rid of a huge pile of leaves on our back porch - they apparently went up and over the privacy fence.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain