share rss forum feed

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:5

[MA] Cheap eats in Boston?

I have a friend of a friend visiting Boston and wanted some cheap places to eat as they don't have a huge budget. Most places I prefer would be too pricey. Any thoughts or suggestions? Not picky on food types.

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2001-01-09
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
I'm afraid I'm not so good with cheap eats in Boston (if I'm going all the way over there it's usually to eat somewhere special, or else I'm just grabbing a slice of pizza on the way to a concert) but here are some ideas in Cambridge if they find themselves over here.

Fast-food style (no table service)
Pinocchio's »www.pinocchiospizza.net/ (Harvard Square)
Four Burgers »fourburgers.com/ (Central Square)
Olecito »olecito.net/ (Inman Square)

Regular restaurant style (w/table service)
Trina's Starlite Lounge »www.trinastarlitelounge.com/ (Inman Square - don't bring kids here, it's a bar atmosphere)
Redbones »www.redbones.com/ (Davis Square)
The Friendly Toast »www.thefriendlytoast.net/ (Kendall Square)
Cambridge 1 »www.cambridge1.us/index.html (Harvard Square)
All Star Sandwich Bar »allstarsandwichbar.com/ (Inman Square)

If you search Chowhound I'm sure you will find a ton of "Boston cheap eats" threads...
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to ptrowski
Burger King!

Just joking.

However, I have a friend in Medford I often visit. She took me to a very nice restaurant in Boston (not Medford) that was elegant, nice and comfortable, very good food. But most of all, very very reasonably priced.
However, I have no idea what the name of it was. All I remember is A LOT of brick! Both outside and inside. (But most of Boston is) I also remember it was near the Wang Centre on a "side" street.

Beyond that, I can't help.

Midgard7

join:2010-10-11
MA
kudos:1
reply to ptrowski
Unfortunately when I go into Boston I never have a budget and just hit whatever restaurant looks good. Not sure I'd survive if I had a small budget for a vacation/trip.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:5
reply to Sarah
That is great information everyone, thanks so much for all of the suggestions!