uniqs
caco
Premium Member
join:2005-03-10
Whittier, AK

caco

Premium Member

What is fascination with cord cutters?

You either pay for video service from sat/cable/fiber or you will pay for video services thru a data provider. Does it really make a difference? This constant harping about cord cutters is not going to make a difference either way.

You OTA folks better not get to uppity because more and more programing is jumping off locals to cable and sat and you will get stuck watching reruns and infomercials soon enough.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

i dont watch either. suggest you do the same. its a whole different world full of people...

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

1 recommendation

Karl Bode

News Guy

I hear books are cool.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

books are even better!
caco
Premium Member
join:2005-03-10
Whittier, AK

caco to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode
Do you get your Dallas Cowbow fix from a book? I wouldn' want to watch them on tv either.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

1 recommendation

Karl Bode

News Guy

I'm clearly not missing much, am I?
gaforces (banned)
United We Stand, Divided We Fall
join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA

1 recommendation

gaforces (banned) to caco

to caco
It makes a difference having to pay outrageous cable prices instead of using free OTA and an internet video provider.

The advantage of netflix is you can queue up a whole television series or movies and watch when you want to with no commercials. If I want to watch reruns I can, or not.

As a consumer, I dont like having channels, commercials, or anything shoved into my brain.

Why would I watch infomercials if I had a choice?

Cord cutting gives you freedom to choose what you want to watch and when.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

Majestik to caco

Premium Member

to caco
said by caco:

You either pay for video service from sat/cable/fiber or you will pay for video services thru a data provider. Does it really make a difference? This constant harping about cord cutters is not going to make a difference either way.

You OTA folks better not get to uppity because more and more programing is jumping off locals to cable and sat and you will get stuck watching reruns and infomercials soon enough.
Makes a big difference for me. When you add up all the cost.

Heard someone say the same thing years ago. Still see the same programming here. My neighbor even has his OTA antenna connected to his Slingbox.

I think people with cable/sat are the ones stuck with reruns and info commercials and pay up to $200/mo for it.
Which is one of the reason I just stay with the basic cable that came with my condo.
I'll stick with $10/mo for ala carte tv.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Gary, Ziggy, Max.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-20
La La Land

JRW2 to gaforces

Premium Member

to gaforces
said by gaforces:

As a consumer, I dont like having channels, commercials, or anything shoved into my brain.
As a consumer, I have no issues with commercials, but I DO have an issue paying to see those commercials!!

If I am paying for cable access, they should drop the commercials, or offer me the cable service for free, with the commercials..