spc
uniqs

JayM34
@rr.com

JayM34 to chamberc

Anon

to chamberc

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

I agree that it has gotten better. Up until recently, it was more or less expected that the DVR would freeze up during time shifting attempts.

But better does not equal good.

• I know about favorites lists, but why can't I just hide channels on the default TV Listings list? When browsing for a channel not included in any of my favorites lists, I shouldn't have to browse through hundreds of channels I either don't use or to which I don't have access.

• Why can't I change the order in which my favorites lists are accessed? Any time I create a new list, it becomes first in line and that's not always the desired behavior.

• Why can't I time shift forward, when near the end of a recording, without having the DVR immediately jump to the end of said recording?

• And what if I don't want to choose whether or not to delete to recording at that point, especially when jumping to the end of the recording was not the intended action?

• Why can't I enable closed captioning without turning off the box and accessing the super secret menu that I only learned about through a thread on this forum?

• This probably goes with my question regarding the ability to hide channels, but why should I, as an end user, care about or even be able to see duplicate channels that exist only to serve customers with a different type of service than mine?

• And why, when I add one of these duplicate channels to a favorites list, do I end up with duplicates on my favorites list? That defeats the purpose of a favorites list.

That's enough for now...
flex727
join:2001-12-29
Allen, TX

flex727

said by JayM34 :

• And what if I don't want to choose whether or not to delete to recording at that point, especially when jumping to the end of the recording was not the intended action?
Well, that was quite a list and includes items we have all complained about for years. Too bad nobody is listening. However, The one item quoted above does have a solution. You can hit the 15 sec back button even with the delete recording menu up and it will take you back. The delete recording menu will timeout in a few seconds and go away.

I also recommend programming your remote to add the 30 sec skip feature, if you haven't already done that. It hasn't been mentioned on this forum for awhile so I'll include the instructions here:

1) Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3) Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice
4) Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button
5) Type in the code 00173 (for 30 second Skip).
6) Press whatever button you want to map the skip or swap function to.

I use the button just above the 15 sec back button (on the new style remote) for convenience. For the old style remote, I use the Stop button, also just above the 15 sec back button. You don't usually need a Stop button, but when you do, just press the Down Arrow - it does the same thing.

JayM34
@rr.com

JayM34

Anon

Thanks for the responses, guys.
said by flex727:

Well, that was quite a list and includes items we have all complained about for years. Too bad nobody is listening. However, The one item quoted above does have a solution. You can hit the 15 sec back button even with the delete recording menu up and it will take you back. The delete recording menu will timeout in a few seconds and go away.
Cool. Thanks for the tip.

Being new here, I was hoping that maybe some of this stuff hadn't been brought up, and that maybe some Time Warner types who lurk here would answer the clue phone. But I see that I've been beaten to the punch and that no one cares. And why would they? Score one for (de facto) monopolies.
said by flex727:

I also recommend programming your remote to add the 30 sec skip feature, if you haven't already done that.
I tried this a few times before realizing that, on my brand new CLICKR-5 remote (UR5U-8790L-TWD), the M2 button handles that function by default. Otherwise, it's a pretty lame remote, but my old remotes still had Comcast logos on them so I figured it was time for an upgrade.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

did TWC give you the CLICKR 5 remote as I have the ATLAS OCAP remotes?

JayM34
@rr.com

JayM34

Anon

said by motorola870:

did TWC give you the CLICKR 5 remote as I have the ATLAS OCAP remotes?
Yes, TWC gave me the CLICKR-5 remotes.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Click for full size
add:

Disney Family movies to Channel 1 VOD
Texas Channel to Channel 170 digital basic
Texas Channel espanol to Channel 171 Digital basic

Move:

Sportskool VOD from Channel 639 to VOD channel 1
Music Choice pop rock Channel 624 to Music Choice Channel 625 and be renamed Music Choice On Demand
SketchyONE
join:2010-09-04
Plano, TX

SketchyONE

I want them to add FearNETHD but I don't think they will ever do that. That looks like a great channel from what movies Ive seen they have on their.

But I think TWC has something against fearnet though because they had the Fearnet OD before and took it off for some reason, that was a cool Ondemand channel.
Joe Siegler
join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler to motorola870

to motorola870
What is "The Texas Channel"? I googled for it, and it seems to be a channel just like that TWC sports channel in the 180's that's all local stuff (like FTW Cats games).

In fact, I just looked at the TWC channel lineup, and 185 is now called "Texas Channel" (It wasn't called that before).

So what's the deal with 170 then? It's not in the "move" category on the thing you posted.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

they are duplicating it on 170 and adding 171 Texas Channel Espanol. These channels are grouped together like this on the other TWC systems in the State except on chs 888 and 889.