spc
uniqs

tom thomas
@qwest.net

tom thomas to gogreen0

Anon

to gogreen0

Re: [General] netTALK Free Smartphone APP

registration from xlite with username/password for mobile app fails.

call attempts without registering seem to connect but i get no audio and the destination phone does not ring.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

1 edit

mazilo

Premium Member

Can you check if it uses any outbound proxy server, port#, and domain?

tom thomas
@qwest.net

tom thomas

Anon

said by mazilo:

Can you check if it uses any outbound proxy server, port#, and domain?
so far i am not getting anything in wireshark that i can make sense of. it appears to be using some form of encrypted TCP for authentication.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

said by tom thomas :

so far i am not getting anything in wireshark that i can make sense of. it appears to be using some form of encrypted TCP for authentication.
Yep, it makes an HTTPS request to mobile.nettalk.com to fetch your SIP user ID and password. This info gets cached in persistent storage and is only refetched if you select a different account in the app. You can't easily capture it, e.g. with Fiddler2, because the client checks the server certificate and disconnects if you have a MITM. Sorry, I don't have the time to look deeper.

However, the rest is standard SIP, so you can easily view the SIP user ID (though not the password). Now, mazilo, listen up! The server is presently accepting unregistered unauthenticated calls, so enjoy them while it lasts.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by Stewart:
said by tom thomas :

Yep, it makes an HTTPS request to mobile.nettalk.com to fetch your SIP user ID and password. This info gets cached in persistent storage and is only refetched if you select a different account in the app.
So far, I have no problem login into my account using the HTTPS protocol to mobile.nettalk.com; however, the page contains no SIP credentials once a successful login is done. Can you find out the complete URI line your smartphone sends to the HTTP server to fetch the SIP credentials?
However, the rest is standard SIP, so you can easily view the SIP user ID (though not the password). Now, mazilo, listen up! The server is presently accepting unregistered unauthenticated calls, so enjoy them while it lasts.
That's cool. Thanks.
charlyc
join:2010-11-13
Stony Brook, NY

charlyc

on the phone the app has the sip info in the Plist file

TJ6547
@zing-net.ca

TJ6547 to mazilo

Anon

to mazilo
Does anyone know what port is used for inbound audio on the iphone app? I can make a call, speak to who I call (and they hear me) but I cannot hear them. This only happens at home...it works great on other wifi networks, so something is not open at the house.

thanks...