spc
uniqs

Jim Kirk
Premium Member
join:2005-12-09

Jim Kirk to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert

Re: Will AT&T now get serious about bundling discounts?

said by Robert:

One doesn't need to work for VZW to know that their network isn't prepared to handle the iPhone.
So... you can't "assure" anything.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Jim Kirk:

said by Robert:

One doesn't need to work for VZW to know that their network isn't prepared to handle the iPhone.
Just because I don't work there doesn't mean I don't know people who do.

But.. let's just wait and see.

They have a solid network. But it's seen nothing yet.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by Robert:
said by Jim Kirk:
said by Robert:

Just because I don't work there doesn't mean I don't know people who do.

But.. let's just wait and see.

They have a solid network. But it's seen nothing yet.
Exactly, I think the same thing would happen to VZ that happened to AT&T unless VZ knew this was coming and beefed it up substantially which I doubt.

Pope
Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Napa, CA

Pope

Premium Member

said by ptrowski:

Exactly, I think the same thing would happen to VZ that happened to AT&T unless VZ knew this was coming and beefed it up substantially which I doubt.
»news.cnet.com/8301-30686 ··· 266.html
"...Verizon Wireless smartphone customers consume on average about 421 megabytes per month. Meanwhile, AT&T iPhone users consume roughly 25 percent less data, or about 338 megabytes per month."

It appears Verizon already has more data traffic than AT&T and they still don't have the issues AT&T does. This is what happens when a company focuses on network infrastructure with its profits.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by Pope:
said by ptrowski:

»news.cnet.com/8301-30686 ··· 266.html
"...Verizon Wireless smartphone customers consume on average about 421 megabytes per month. Meanwhile, AT&T iPhone users consume roughly 25 percent less data, or about 338 megabytes per month."

It appears Verizon already has more data traffic than AT&T and they still don't have the issues AT&T does. This is what happens when a company focuses on network infrastructure with its profits.
That's great and all, but when you will have a HUGE surge of new users that doesn't matter.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

1 recommendation

openbox9

Premium Member

I seriously doubt VZW will see a huge surge in "new" customers. No doubt, there will be consumers that migrate from AT&T to Verizon Wireless, but I don't believe the numbers will be as grand as some believe...at least not nearly as much of a surge that AT&T experience when initially offering the iPhone.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

I am not sure. There have been quite a few mentions of people that would switch in a heartbeat should it come out, so I think it would be more than you may expect.

Only time will tell I guess.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

1 recommendation

openbox9

Premium Member

And I say I will work out more, drink less, and eat healthier all of the time. Doesn't make it a reality

Yes time will tell.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by openbox9:

And I say I will work out more, drink less, and eat healthier all of the time. Doesn't make it a reality

Yes time will tell.
Wow, you have the same aspirations as I do!

i1me2ao
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
TEXAS

i1me2ao to Jim Kirk

Premium Member

to Jim Kirk
i can as a current verizon customer and the shoddy service and ongoing issue that will not be addressed. i can assure you verizon network is not ready for this in texas.

i have had phone monitored for congestion and dropped signals for a 3 month period and spoke directly with engineers and tech support over these issues..

thender
Screen tycoon
Premium Member
join:2009-01-01
Brooklyn, NY

thender to Jim Kirk

Premium Member

to Jim Kirk
said by Jim Kirk:
said by Robert:

Precisely. Armchair analysts flood DSLR news.

i1me2ao
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
TEXAS

1 edit

i1me2ao

Premium Member

6 phones and same issues. when i travel to north texas i no longer have the issues. thanks for adding..

i do not need a profesional to explain to me thatthere is issues when i deal with them daily. you are a prime example of the main issue by sitting behind a desk and assuming every one else is and idiot..

CaptainRR
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH
·AT&T Wireless Br..

CaptainRR to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
The Verizon network isn't all right now either. For the last 6 months the network in most cities has been lousy. I have had the Moto Droid since day one and watched the network go down the tubes since day one. Most of the time during the day the pings are through the roof and speeds aren't much better than dialup. Another surge of smartphones won't help it much.

ReVeLaTeD
Premium Member
join:2001-11-10
San Diego, CA

ReVeLaTeD to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9
said by openbox9:

I seriously doubt VZW will see a huge surge in "new" customers. No doubt, there will be consumers that migrate from AT&T to Verizon Wireless, but I don't believe the numbers will be as grand as some believe...at least not nearly as much of a surge that AT&T experience when initially offering the iPhone.
This.

What some people are missing: there won't be many "new" customers flocking to Verizon due to Verizon's prices compared to AT&T for the same service. I guarantee you that the majority of iPhone users if/when Verizon gets it are going to be people who already have Verizon service and get the iPhone to replace their existing phone.

I'm curious to see how VZW nerfs the iPhone if they do get it. Forced VZAccess Manager and whatnot. I would say that if they get it, I would at least consider it - and I'm probably as anti-iPhone as they come, but I do need a device that plays a bit more friendly with my MacBook.