56403739 (banned)
Less than 5 months left
join:2006-03-08
Naples, FL

56403739 (banned) to caco

to caco

Re: Overestimating cord cutters

said by caco:

The bigger question is once people notice they didn't die by not being able to watch ESPN,Nick and Disney channel, they might not want to go back to paying x amount of dollars to watch a few channels.
And that is precisely why stock fluffers like Moffett are attempting to obfuscate what is really going on. Cable TV is a commodity item now, not the novelty it was in the 1980's, and there is no "cool factor" associated with it in 2010. Television programming quality continues to decline, and expensive channels like ESPN really are not worth what it costs to get them. The more people realize how they've been had by the pay TV industry the less likely they are to come back, and once their friends see this the avalanche starts.

This scares the shit out of the cablers, seeing their business model start to evaporate before their eyes.
NeoandGeo
join:2003-05-10
Harrison, TN

NeoandGeo

It does suck, but they have me by the balls since, my entire family, and myself watch sporting events out the ass. Everything besides pro football (and a bit of college) is more than 95% exclusive to cable.
56403739 (banned)
Less than 5 months left
join:2006-03-08
Naples, FL

56403739 (banned)

You're their perfect video-addict customer. If you can't wean yourself off of the TV , go to a club or bar to watch the games...have some real social interaction for once. Or you could grow up a bit and realize that all the sporting events you watch out the ass aren't worth the time or money.

Or you can just continue to be bent over by the cable industry twice a year, without lube.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to NeoandGeo

MVM

to NeoandGeo
said by NeoandGeo:

It does suck, but they have me by the balls since, my entire family, and myself watch sporting events
For that audience there really is no other alternative. Since the Cablecos have locked up the distribution rights. But for those of us who are not sports fans there are lots of alternatives.

/tom
sludgehound
join:2007-03-12
New York, NY

sludgehound to 56403739

to 56403739
"stock fluffers like Moffett"

Now that's too too funny! @@
PS is the biz back up in Cal? Last heard it was shut down for awhile again over disease spread warning again.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to NeoandGeo

Premium Member

to NeoandGeo
Yea, Go to a bar to watch your favorite sports team. Pay 3 to 5 dollars a beer. You wont be saving any money but what the hell. At least you can say your a cord cutter. Sure cord cutters are there. Always has been. But the biggest problem is the economy its as simple as that. Just look at all the abandoned house that nobody wants to buy.
NeoandGeo
Harrison, TN

NeoandGeo to 56403739

to 56403739
We all waste money on different things. I am very happy with my situation, hopefully you are too.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to NeoandGeo

to NeoandGeo
said by NeoandGeo:

It does suck, but they have me by the balls since, my entire family, and myself watch sporting events out the ass. Everything besides pro football (and a bit of college) is more than 95% exclusive to cable.
MLB, NBA and NHL all have online streaming packages also many colleg football, MLB and NBA games are on ESPN3.com
NeoandGeo
Harrison, TN

NeoandGeo

I've tried MLB.tv before. The HD feed is a sorry POS that skips, freezes and reverts to SD more often than not even with a perfect internet connection.

I will spend a few bucks more per month to get perfect service that fuels 5 separate televisions.