share rss forum feed

TCub
Premium
join:2008-09-03
Olmsted Falls, OH
kudos:4
reply to itguy05

Re: Why pay more?

"Cord cutting is not worth the hassle and costs more..." for people addicted to shitty television...

The shows I watch, I can find on Netflix.

Just because it doesn't work out for you, doesn't mean anything for the rest of us.
--
(Most likely) Sent from my iPad.
PSN ID: TyKres

ChrisCowles

join:2003-05-03
Gainesville, FL

1 edit

said by TCub:

Just because it doesn't work out for you, doesn't mean anything for the rest of us.
I don't think the person you replied to said that. He only said it didn't work for them, and it doesn't work for me. I wish it did.

I tried it but resumed TV subscription through a cheaper satellite contract. We don't pay for anything other than the most basic HD service. Before satellite we only had analog extended basic. Our subscription is as cheap as I can go, and still get more than broadcast.

Some of my family are entertained by what you may (and I do) consider crappy fare. But they're not dimwit couch potatoes. The TV they watch occasionally is an escape from the hard stuff they have to do every day.

Going cordless and keeping it simple for all family members isn't quite as easy as it is for tech-savvy young (or experienced) adults, especially for those living alone. As another respondent wrote, second-tier sports aren't easily available elsewhere. We'll get there, but we're not there, yet.

My family will cut the cord eventually but it doesn't serve our needs to do so, yet.

--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL