uniqs

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

"Do not Call" should apply to political calls too

"Do not Call" should apply to political calls too. Because they are just a much spam as the calls pushing for desert property in Nevada.

Over the weekend, I must have gotten a dozen of these calls.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH

tschmidt

MVM

I don't mind live calls too much but I hang up on robo calls. They have been getting excessive, multiple calls per day lately.

I'm conflicted about applying the do not call list to political calls.

/tom

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102 to FFH5

to FFH5
I agree - I had at least a dozen 'political' calls yesterday alone.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

newview to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

"Do not Call" should apply to political calls too.
I totally agree. These robocalls, the people that create them, and the technology behind it are getting more and more intrusive every election. They call repeatedly and have become the very definition of harassment. I realize they are exempt from the Do Not Call list, which was the stupidest exception to the law I've ever heard of, but I file a complaint about every call, every time anyway.

»complaints.donotcall.gov ··· ?panel=2
rahvin112
join:2002-05-24
Sandy, UT

rahvin112

What do you think they did with all those robo-call machines with the DNC list banned them?

Expect it to get MUCH worse as each machine owner competes at lower and lower prices driving the calls into smaller and smaller elections. Pretty soon you will be getting robo-calls from your local city mayor. It'd imagine that at the growth rate we see on them every election it will completely saturate the entire telephone grid (not just comcast in a couple markets, but nationwide on every phone provider) 2 weeks before an election.
The Antihero
join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA

The Antihero to FFH5

to FFH5
said by ThrowDemsOut :

"Do not Call" should apply to political calls too.
For once, I agree with you. Even worse is that lately, they've been showing up under spoofed numbers. At least the ones that come up as "political call", I can just pick up the phone and hang up on them before they have a chance to even talk.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

1 edit

Smith6612 to FFH5

MVM

to FFH5
I get roughly three calls a day so it seems. I love listening to them though. Verizon, Frontier and Time Warner don't seem to be having any problems with the large volume of calls hitting the area, though I'm sure something is getting overloaded (maybe at the calling center, as it sounds like they're using VoIP) as the audio breaks up just a little bit only for those political calls on both my Frontier and Verizon line.
Ulmo
join:2005-09-22
Aptos, CA

Ulmo to newview

to newview
I've never had a robocall from politicians, and I'm registered. I don't know if I put my # in the registration, though (likely not).