Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

25GB/month for Fibe 6
50GB/month for Fibe 12
75GB/month for Fibe 25

WHY would ANYONE go to Bell? Rogers is bad enough but this is ludicrous.

I bet they'll make Intranet services (to get Bell TV) not count to these numbers very soon!
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

1 recommendation

grunze510

Bhell, the only provider that can make a 0.5/0.5 Mbps tier cost as much as $84.95.

Essential is still available in Quebec.
profets
join:2010-01-14

profets to JAC70

to JAC70
Yeah, just received this email recently..
profets

profets to JAC70

to JAC70
here's a link...

»internet.comm.bell.ca/cg ··· 48729580
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to JAC70

to JAC70
Told you... unlimited accounts are also upped 5$... and Tv satelite is also going up in price.
ragingwolf
join:2003-04-22
Nepean, ON

ragingwolf to profets

to profets
Makes you wonder... what message do they send those it will affect? ^_^
kovy7

kovy7

LOL, they don't send a message...

I haven't receive any emails... since I never gave them mine.
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510 to ragingwolf

to ragingwolf
said by ragingwolf:

Effective January 2011, the maximum usage overage fee will be increased to $60. Since you currently use more than 150GB each month, we have added a new usage comfort add-on for $5. You may buy it from this page.
kovy7

kovy7

LOL!!!!! nice one.

JunjiHiroma
Live Free Or Die
join:2008-03-18
Renfrew, ON

JunjiHiroma to grunze510

to grunze510
said by grunze510:

said by ragingwolf:

Effective January 2011, the maximum usage overage fee will be increased to $60. Since you currently use more than 150GB each month, we have added a new usage comfort add-on for $5. You may buy it from this page.
Only in a Recession...It's going to get worse before it gets better,that's what George Carlin said to me.Regulatory symmetry my ass,it's all just to keep the little man shackled down to their knees.
profets
join:2010-01-14

1 edit

profets to grunze510

to grunze510
quote:
hahahahahahahahahhaha

I snorted
@mc.videotron.ca

I snorted to JAC70

Anon

to JAC70
LOL I love it.
intolerantjk
join:2010-07-14

intolerantjk

Moved to this thread.

I literally just had the Bell tech show up Monday to hook me up with Fib 25. This is having spoken to a rep about the $30 overage on Friday.

When will I learn? I feel so disgusted right now it isn't funny. Man I'm glad I stipulated that I didn't want to save that $5/month to be locked into a contract.

The problem is that there is no recourse at this point. Sure you can stick with TSI and be the rebel with a truly worthy cause, but as a consumer you just wind up punishing yourself to do so. Cogeco is an alternative too. We all know just how much cheaper they are.

I think I'm going to stick with Bell and start pulling TBs of rss fed nzbs down and direct the output to /dev/null . If I'm paying $60 overage, I'm damn well going to get my money's worth.

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

After reaping the reward of CRTC bribery, Bell how focuses it's attention back to @nal reaming of it's own customers.

Sad is that us Canadian are comprised of 95% sheeple who would rather accept a lubed up phallus from Mr. Bibic.
intolerantjk
join:2010-07-14

intolerantjk

Who said that lube was an option?

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

said by intolerantjk:

Thats the "comfort" in the new usage comfort add-on for $5.

Any bets of Bibic raising the cap to $100 April 1st?
julienvf
join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC
Cisco SPA112
TP-Link TD-W8960N
Technicolor DCM475

julienvf to grunze510

to grunze510
said by grunze510:

said by ragingwolf:

LMAO
DeViLzzz
join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON

DeViLzzz to sbrook

to sbrook
I am going to Bell from Cogeco cuz even with it only being 50 GB/month for Fibe 12 the deal I was offered tonight allows you to gain 120 GB/month more for $10 which still makes it a better deal than Cogeco.

Also getting free PVR and 3 digital packages for way less than Cogeco is a plus too.

Bell right now beats Cogeco for bundles.

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to JAC70

Premium Member

to JAC70
I think Bell has just given me a nudge to cancel my Rententions Deal with them and go over to TekSavvy Cable or Acanac Cable for faster speeds.... I'm really not planning on risking a $60 overage...

It's a shame really.. we were just starting to get along

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar to intolerantjk

to intolerantjk
said by intolerantjk:

You can also buy BHell lube for an extra $5

ggh223
@ttnet.net.tr

ggh223 to corster

Anon

to corster
they already are hosting youtube and many other bandwidth hungry sites ... so not much bandwidth cost there.. this is only done to protect their overpriced tv from netflix and many others to come... shame on crtc for letting this happen day and night.

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to JAC70

Premium Member

to JAC70
hmm, i wonder why I didn't get the email

I know they have my address because I get all the bandwidth notifications
LordG
join:2002-08-18

LordG to JAC70

to JAC70
I use an average of 170GB per month, so this additional $60 will apply to me, making my internet bill about $120 per month.

Thank you Bell.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by LordG:

I use an average of 170GB per month, so this additional $60 will apply to me, making my internet bill about $120 per month.
Get the $5/40GB triple-pack to boost your cap from 60GB to 180GB, $15/month extra instead of $60. Just make sure you don't go over that by more than 30GB.

IMO, there shouldn't be a limit on how many "insurance packs" you can get... or if Bell insists on sticking with three max, there should be an option to stack $10/90GB or $20/200GB packs instead.
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to kovy7

Premium Member

to kovy7
said by kovy7:

Told you... unlimited accounts are also upped 5$... and Tv satelite is also going up in price.
While I don't doubt Bell would want to increase the price on the old HSE/Ultra packages, but is this $5 increase info coming from? As in the unlimited thread, so far no one has been able to confirm that they have received any notification from Bell about any increase.
kovy7

kovy7

said by decx:

said by kovy7:

While I don't doubt Bell would want to increase the price on the old HSE/Ultra packages, but is this $5 increase info coming from? As in the unlimited thread, so far no one has been able to confirm that they have received any notification from Bell about any increase.
I guess wait and see Jan 1st?

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones to JAC70

to JAC70
I switched from Rogers to Bell because of this and now i have to switch again. Fuck this shit. What about that 300GB overage fee that I'm hearing?
Expand your moderator at work
MarcusXP
join:2010-11-30

MarcusXP to Dones

to Dones

Re: [Internet] Bell increases their overage charges to $60

Can someone please throw some Molotov cocktails at Bell's offices ?
That would make me very happy...