how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

moose517

join:2009-11-24
Goshen, IN

outage in Northern IN

anyone know of any outages in northern indiana? i'm not seeing anything but i have no internet LOL. and my sister says hers is really really slow

solkre

join:2009-09-01
Goshen, IN
Goshen, IN.

Mine went out a few hours ago. Right now I can't get an IP Address from Frontier. I like to lie to myself and say they're upgrading the back-end.

Valpo

@mycingular.net
reply to moose517
Frontier dsl Out in valpo, again! Arghhh

moose517

Goshen, IN
cool good to know i'm not the only one out.

Mark F1

join:2007-08-01
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to moose517
The internet seemed a bit slow this afternoon, but all is OK now. Maybe it was net congestion due to it being election day?
Mark F.

Valpo24

@verizon.net
reply to moose517
Mine has been out since yesterday (just started coming on but then just times out) and since I couldn't get on the internet to check for outages, I assumed it was my router. I ended up reconfiguring the thing only to find out this morning that there is an outage!

It's a shame that I make a living on the internet and now I have a day and a half of work to make up...ugh.

This is not a great beginning to my service with Frontier.

solkre

join:2009-09-01
Goshen, IN
I'd suggest getting a phone that's tetherable if internet is super important in your life. I pdanet/easytether my droid when DSL goes down.

I wont with any bandwith competitions, but I can work.

File Quit
Mac Geek
Premium
join:2002-11-28
San Antonio, TX
reply to moose517
No problems all day yesterday or today in West Lafayette... you guys are further north than I am though.
--
Apple. Switch to Mac. »www.apple.com/getamac

valpo_res

@valpo.edu
reply to moose517
My Frontier DSL in Valpo was hit or miss all last night - mostly miss, and was totally dead this morning.

moose517

Goshen, IN
reply to moose517
Today seems to be hit or miss for me as well, haven't been home but i have seen that my router has pulled like 4 different IP's now, makes it a real PITA for my VPN connections as well as my domain LOL.

nihil

@verizon.net
reply to moose517
I believe Hobart is mostly, if not completely out. FORTUNATELY, my house isn't because we have a business DSL line. YAY us.

apankiew

@purdue.edu
Yep, mine's been out in Hobart, too. Never had these problems when Verizon was king.

HoughMade

@sjdlaw.com
reply to moose517
I live between Valpo and Portage and my Frontier dsl went down on Tuesday 11/2 at about 7pm. It's been down ever since. Seems to me that Frontier COMMUNICATIONS would want to communicate to its customers what is going on and when it is expected to fixed, but I can't get through to anyone.

RCP

@ssfhs.org
reply to moose517
No service X 48hrs in Valpo 11-05-10

stephen62

join:2010-09-02
Chesterton, IN
Here in Chesterton, ever since the major outage on Tuesday Nov. 9, it's been spotty ever after. Too bad. I'd had almost a month of good speed and was beginning to "relax" again.

For those of you who have been out for days, and haven't already done so, I recommend turning your DSL modems off and then back on. I've been doing that a lot all week, including at least twice tonight (The little green light on the modem seems to "enjoy" going out once I leave the room). When Frontier is up I usually get relatively good speed (4-6M download for an up-to-7M package)

If the modem off/on method doesn't work, try rebooting your computer as well.

If you still can't get access, find a good book, relax, and call Frontier support. I usually haven't been on hold that long and found their techs generally helpful if I keep my cool.
I did call Frontier during the Tuesday night outage. A recorded message said that they knew about it and that it covered several midwestern states. I presume what's going on now is just "after shocks" so I haven't tried calling again.

And now off to an attempted online gaming session (please stay green little light!)

stephen62

Chesterton, IN
BTW, the number I call for Frontier (it's in tiny print on p.4 of my bill) is 1-877-462-8188.

stephen62

Chesterton, IN
Re: outage in Northern IN

After posting last night, I continued to have erratic Internet access. I called Frontier to report this (in case no-one else from Northwest Indiana had done so). They ran an 8 hour line test and I replaced all my old DSL filters with new ones on their recommendation (they came with my new modem I had purchased a month before -- I just hadn't installed them). They're also going to send a local tech. to check my phone line -- possibly a waste of time, but then again, I haven't had my line checked in over 10 years, so might as well have it done now. Also, a "local" guy might provide more specific information and better predictions regarding the slow speeds and outages.
Today the on-again-off-again access continues. I'll have to hold off sending this post until the green light comes back on again (3rd time I've seen it off today, but I'm sure it's been more often). Oops, back on again, so I better send.

BW

@verizon.net
I am experiencing Outages here in Laporte have not had much help from FRONTIER..

What a Joke

stephen62

Chesterton, IN
It's been more on than off in Chesterton this week, with good speed when on, but it cut out on me briefly twice in the last 20 minutes.

stephen62

Chesterton, IN
Up and down most of the evening. Got knocked out of 2 Xbox Live online games. Static on the phone line as well (was clear yesterday).

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Sounds like it may be more of a loop or equipment issue on Frontier's end than a problem on your end if you're getting static and DSL issues.

stephen62

Chesterton, IN
Thanks for the confirmation. I was concerned about whose fault the static might be. DSL was more off than on in early afternoon. I called Frontier to report it (hoping that polite but persistant "wheel squeaking" might help hasten matters or at least encourage them to keep customers posted on connection problems). They acknowledged my call and also said that my line test from the previous week had come up with sync issues, which was a possible problem "with dispatch" (in other words, their problem and not mine). DSL speed was perfect with no landline noise at all during the call. Internet remained connected with no outages for another half hour or so. I played a 15 minute XBox live game with no problems. I then played offline but connected to XBox live another 15 minutes before I was disconnected due to another brief outage.