dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« comcast
This is a sub-selection from I really wish....

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to joebear29

MVM

to joebear29

Re: I really wish....

said by joebear29:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
I agree with cdru See Profile on this one. The DNCR is an "opt out" list. It does not prohibit "freedom of speech", it only allows potential hearers of the "free speech" to opt out from having to hear it. Since the caller is free to call numbers not on the list, "freedom of speech" is not abridged.
joebear29
totesmcgoats
join:2003-07-20
Alabaster, AL

joebear29

said by NormanS See ProfileI agree with cdru See Profile on this one. The DNCR is an "opt out" list. It does not prohibit "freedom of speech", it only allows potential hearers of the "free speech" to opt out from having to hear it. Since the caller is free to call numbers not on the list, "freedom of speech" is not abridged.
See my reply to the original. You are attacking a position I did not take.

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by joebear29:

See my reply to the original. You are attacking a position I did not take.
I can't see that you even "took a position". Only that you quoted the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in response to a rant about political robocalls. In the context of the OP, I inferred a defense of same. If you intended something other than what I inferred, you should have added something to your quote.
joebear29
totesmcgoats
join:2003-07-20
Alabaster, AL

joebear29

said by NormanS:

I can't see that you even "took a position". Only that you quoted the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in response to a rant about political robocalls. In the context of the OP, I inferred a defense of same. If you intended something other than what I inferred, you should have added something to your quote.
In that case I apologize for the lack of clarity in my original post.

My original post was in direct response to "just outlaw these political commercials and robocalls". I was quoting the Constitution as to why we can't do that.

If I didn't take a position, according to you, then was did you prescribe me one of favoring not allowing opt-out of political calls?

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

I just took a position of agreement with the opt-out position. Nothing more, nothing less. Political calls are currently exempt from the "Do Not Call List". Why?
« comcast
This is a sub-selection from I really wish....