spc
Search similar:

uniqs
desertjim0
join:2009-06-06
Deming, NM

desertjim0

[General] ALLTEL to AT&T

Has anyone using Alltel Broadband been switched to AT&T yet?

Not sure if the migration has happened in "any" market yet. I'm due shortly, maybe next month.

I'm curious, if after the migration, whether AT&T will stick us with the 5G limit? They certainly don't seem to be very "specific" about it.

Many thanks,

Jim

backslash
@noaa.gov

backslash

Anon

Not yet, however I have received the letter in the mail stating I need a "new, free" device to avoid service interruption around the beginning of January. I bet you we're screwed, though.

Goodbye $20/month unlimited wireless add-on. It was fun while it lasted.

Mynameismine
@myvzw.com

Mynameismine

Anon

Just purchase a At&t Datacard from Ebay..Go to At&t.com, login into your account and change the ESN number..Your plan should remain the same
cellguru
join:2008-09-22
Pleasant Grove, UT

cellguru

said by Mynameismine :

Just purchase a At&t Datacard from Ebay..Go to At&t.com, login into your account and change the ESN number..Your plan should remain the same
Probably not in desertJim's case, they are actually going to migrate him from EVDO to a GSM based technology. They cannot migrate him into their billing system without a completely different modem.

One he is migrated, he can switch modems at whim by just changing the SIM into a new device, no ESN change needed, but then it will be too late.

Don't feel too bad though Jim, it appears that Alltel is invoking the 5GB cap even on customers that are not migrating :-(

HTH
meowmeow
join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT

meowmeow to desertjim0

to desertjim0
You will get to keep your existing Alltel plan as is, with no changes, as long as you select free replacement devices. That includes the existing unlimited data. More good news - they can keep the $40 unlimited data card add on even if you switch to an AT&T upgrade PHONE (you have to change the phone plan though) if you talk to them at the store.

dmwagner
Qwest DSL -alltel
join:2002-04-29
Canton, SD

dmwagner to backslash

to backslash
Over at the Howard forums, it's been stated... you will be grandfathered in.

More info in this thread and other in that sub-forum:
»www.howardforums.com/sho ··· uestions