spc
uniqs
zeroendless
join:2001-12-27
Dallas, TX

zeroendless to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

Any Tivo s3 owner experience crashing with TA on?

Lately 40% of my record shows would give fit while playing back, my Tivo s3 would halt then reboot by it self. The problem with reboot is you have to go though with TA set-up again, it's a fairly long wait till the led lit on solid to get all the channels back.

First i thought the hard drive could be the problem, may be a bad sector or two somewhere, but then i remove the TA from the connection and have not experienced a single breakout!!, or any of the "channel not found" crap, and it's not longer rebooting. Look like the TA could be the problem here, it's degrading the signal significantly!!! (the constant breakout and channel not found)
Joe Siegler
join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

said by zeroendless:

Lately 40% of my record shows would give fit while playing back, my Tivo s3 would halt then reboot by it self. The problem with reboot is you have to go though with TA set-up again, it's a fairly long wait till the led lit on solid to get all the channels back.
Not here. My TA light goes solid way before the TiVo has finished its boot cycle (assuming you're talking about rebooting both at the same time).

Since I got the TA working right, I've had about three lockups, but it's random enough that I'd blame it on the TiVo itself. I've had a TiVo of some sort now for about 10 years, and there's always a random lockup every now and then - it is after all a computer in there. The rate of lockup now is no better or worse than before the TA went in there.

Oddly enough one of those lockups was about 60 minutes after the TA was working right. That one didn't thrill me at all.
Dave_DFW
join:2008-02-12
Richardson, TX

Dave_DFW to zeroendless

to zeroendless
said by zeroendless:

No serious issues here, my two S3s + TAs have been working great. I haven't missed a single recording yet.

The only issue I've experienced is a Tivo error of "network not available" when selecting any channel, including analogs. Each of my two S3s have done this once in the last couple of months.
Rebooting the TA resolves that problem, rebooting each Tivo was not necessary.