how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sierraok

join:2010-11-07
Oklahoma City, OK

[Troubles] Need help connecting Xbox 360 to wireless Sagem F@ST

I have new Windstream broadband with a wireless Sagem F@ST 1704 that is working wonderful with my desktop and two wireless computers, but my son's Xbox will not connect. The error message I have now is that my "network doesn't have sufficient MTU setting. Xbox LIVE requires a minimum setting of 1364." I can connect to the router obviously, but not through to XBox Live.

I've tried checking my router settings for MTU settings (??), read through all I can find on the internet, added the xbox MAC addy to the router, and have called residential customer service a few times, all to no avail. The Windstream tech said he didn't know why it wasn't connecting as it was a "new" router for Windstream!! Do I need a static IP or create a port or what? Please help - I'm starting to lose my mind!

Thanks!
tricia

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream

Re: [Troubles] Need help connecting Xbox 360 to wireless Sagem F

It looks like the Sagem F@ST 1704 has Wifi it self, you don't have a 2nd router plugged up right?

Look in the Sagem F@ST web interface for andkind of firewall settings or SPI and anything like that, you may have to reduce or disable them, this was an issue on 4200 with the firewall on.
--
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe | AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE AM3 w/4 Cores @ 3.41Ghz(OC) | 4Gb DDR3 Memory @ 1600mhz | Sapphire ATI HD4870 1GB 800mhz/1000mhz(OC) | 2x500GB HDD's Raid 0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7600 (RTM) | Windstream DSL 12m (14.9m Sync)/766k

Tricia

@windstream.net
Thanks for responding! No other router hooked up, and I can't find anywhere in the Sagem interface that represents a firewall, SPI or anything else. I read somewhere on the 4200 that a static was necessary and something about opening a port (??)

I guess I just need to read more, but I can't believe it's this difficult when I simply had to plug the xbox into my wireless Belkin G and it worked perfectly!! I only know enough to be dangerous and am afraid of messing something up in the router interface, but it's amazing to me that the techs at Windstream don't know more gaming equipment!

Do you know of anything else I can try?

Thanks so much!
tricia

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
Milledgeville, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
I have never used a Sagem F@ST router/modem before and have never seen the interface.

Did you see anything that said "Stateful Packet Inspection" or "UPNP" (Universal Plug and Play)

The spec sheet shows it has it but I'm not sure if its in the web interface.
--
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe | AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE AM3 w/4 Cores @ 3.41Ghz(OC) | 4Gb DDR3 Memory @ 1600mhz | Sapphire ATI HD4870 1GB 800mhz/1000mhz(OC) | 2x500GB HDD's Raid 0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7600 (RTM) | Windstream DSL 12m (14.9m Sync)/766k

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
Milledgeville, GA
reply to sierraok
Looks like Windstream is aware of the issue.

»Re: [Troubles] Xbox 360 and MTU

Windstream
Premium,VIP
join:2009-03-31
Twinsburg, OH
kudos:38
reply to sierraok
We are indeed working on a permanent fix that will be available in a future firmware release.

At the moment, the work around is to disable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) under the Advanced Setup and then go into the NAT settings and add in a port forwarding entry for UDP port 3074.

If you'd like to trial the fix in a beta version of the newest firmware, send us a PM and include the phone number your DSL service is under and we'll be in touch.
-JV
--
We're here to help! wci.broadbandhelp@windstream.com

sierraok

join:2010-11-07
Oklahoma City, OK
I'm not very knowledgeable in port forwarding and basically terrified of messing up my router, but I disabled the UPnP and am reading more about port forwarding today. Please send me info about the beta version fix when you have time. I sent you a PM yesterday with the info you requested, but I wanted to say thanks for your quick response. I really like this site!

tricia