camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

[request] More noticeable formatting for embedded links

I often embed links in my forum messages, however the default formatting of those links seems to result in the link being the same color, or very close to the same color, as the regular text of the message. I think it may be the result of the background color on some messages.

For example, in this sentence, the word google is a link to google's home page. It is very easy to see in this message.

But now, look at this message. The word "DVR" is an embedded link in the sentence "Therefore, it is a DVR.", yet it is not at all obvious.

In most of the web, links are blue and underlined. Can you put that formatting here as well, or make the embedded links more obvious everywhere?

Thanks.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

Re: More noticeable formatting for embedded links

I believe the color of the link depends on the chosen theme for the page. As an example, in the seti theme, it looks like this:

--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

camper
Premium
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by tmpchaos:

I believe the color of the link depends on the chosen theme for the page.
Yup, I alluded to that in my message.

Some of the themes do not allow the link to be seen easily.

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6
reply to camper

said by camper:

In most of the web, links are blue and underlined. Can you put that formatting here as well, or make the embedded links more obvious everywhere?
You can always underline your own links if you like. It doesn't take care of it everywhere, but it's a workaround for the time being.

camper
Premium
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast

I had thought of trying that, but I was not sure what would happen if the theme were changed to also underline the link.

Would browsers then put in a double underline, or would one cancel out the other, or.....?

So I thought it best left to our message board overlords to solve the problem.

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15

the best solution is for the theme you use to be fixed so the link color is not close to the background.
the comcast tv forum theme needs to be fixed so the link colors are not blue, or the page background is not light blue..