"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Where did this storm come from?

I am usually very good at knowing what weather is coming. But I did't see this one! Heavy rain, winds over 60mph.....
Many areas around me are without power. My power blipped and or did something every few minutes to make the computer batteries beep a few seconds. Though I lost power for seconds at a time, but I have power!
No one else in my family in the area has power. The power company list of roads without power that includes almost all but mine!
The damage done to me includes a couple plants that blew off the porch, a steal plant hanger that bent, and a steal chain I have between trees for bird feeders, that snapped.
As I was repairing the chain, and completely removing any and all plants I had left, I was hearing generators in my neighborhood. I guess I consider myself lucky that I DO have power.
--
"Tomorrow is just your future yesterday!"

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2001-01-09
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
I was totally blind-sided by it, I happened to glance at the radar when I was heading out last night and saw a huge storm just off shore and moving west! Got caught in the cold rain without an umbrella, but most of the heavy stuff was overnight and it wasn't too bad here...
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Dominokat
My house was shaking and buckling from 9pm to about 2am.
The way is was blowing I expected to see more damaged on my property, but hey. I lucked out with the little things I mentioned. As mentioned, I have a friend with a tree in their house, I have power, but most in town don't.
--

Frostbite

join:2000-06-13
Marlborough, MA
reply to Dominokat
I guess I was fortunate. No damage around my house, and the only way I could tell there was any storm is that the ground was wet and there was slush over the front windshield and on the trunk lid. It rained lightly at times during the day but wasn't all that bad in total.
--
-Frosty, KA1FOX

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2001-01-09
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
reply to Dominokat
I think the wind topped out around 30 or 35 mph here, nothing that would really cause damage... I guess you got hit a lot harder than we did. Glad you didn't take any big damage.
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

Frostbite

join:2000-06-13
Marlborough, MA
reply to Dominokat
Glad to hear you made it through relatively unscathed!
--
-Frosty, KA1FOX

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
reply to Dominokat
The storm came in from the east, not the regular direction for storms around here. The storm came up the coast, went out into the Atlantic a bit, then reversed direction, and hit yesterday and today.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Dominokat
Not too bad out here, 35 mph winds were enough to keep me from getting a beach report though.

#%&* leaves...

Midgard

join:2010-10-11
MA
reply to Dominokat
We had a storm yesterday? Sorry I come from Florida so this was a 'baby' storm. It didn't do anything except kill traffic as far as I could see between the Lexington and Lawrence area.

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Dominokat
Ferries are down for the day.

#%&* leaves!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Dominokat
Click for full size
»www.pressherald.com/news/strong-···-09.html
--

Bruschi
Premium
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod
reply to Dominokat
I think its my fault! I bought a bunch of auto detailing supplies the other day and its been crappy since.
--
Professional student pilot!
Expand your moderator at work

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Bruschi

Re: Where did this storm come from?

said by Bruschi:

I think its my fault! I bought a bunch of auto detailing supplies the other day and its been crappy since.
Yup! I blame you!
I could blame myself also. Last Monday I was going to winterize and store my car for the winter but that wasn't going to happen!
--

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Dominokat
Ferries to Nantucket are canceled again.
Waves were pounding the Bay side. Nope, no camera.

@#%& leaves...

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
I'm not having much a a leave problem. The wind blew much of it away for me!
--

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Dominokat
Went from this storm from Hell, to today being calm. blue sky, and rather warm at 62 degrees. I had my door open and enjoying the warmth... it wont last much longer!

I was too busy cooking to get outside, but hey.......
--

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Dominokat
#$&* leaves!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
I hate leaves also...

Midgard

join:2010-10-11
MA
reply to Dominokat
Every time I'm about to clean up the leaves it rains. Then I have to wait a few days to dry out and more rain.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
I've been trying to cover my outside chairs and tables. And a few other things but every time, it is poring rain! And guess what? I have the day off tomorrow (actually I was laid off today so I have the whole winter off) but it is PORING RAIN tomorrow also! Damn..... It's a conspiracy I tell ya'!
--

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Dominokat
Pix of the cannon please?

#$&* leaves!!!!!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by capecoddah:

#$&* leaves!!!!!
I am sending you a trailer truck load of leaves, just to keep you entertained! You seem to enjoy leaves so much!
--

JRSlater
What's that smell? Oh, it's you.
Premium
join:2008-01-11
Out There
reply to capecoddah
I don't mind leaves so much, the danged pine needles all over my back yard... that is a different story.

#$&* pine needles!
--
»www.jrslaterphotography.com/