share rss forum feed

Maar

join:2009-04-09
Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Maar

Re: DSL Speed Issues

So now Windstream is trying to sell people in my area an additional DSL line for $15 dollars a month. Telling them it will help with congestion? Seriously? Can someone from Windstream explain to me how adding MORE DSL lines to an already oversold remote will help with slow speeds? Will this not make the issue worse?

borisbadenov

join:2005-12-05
Barbourville, KY
thats what i would think

Maar

Story, AR
reply to Maar
DSL service has been down most of the day.

Maar

Story, AR
Service is up and down again today.

Gathis

join:2012-07-25

speeds are a bit better, but it's up and down.

Slipen

join:2010-04-18
Cairo, GA
reply to Maar

Blazing fast internet in south Georgia tonight, may have to get off to let it cool down.

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Maar
Yeah it is always blazing fast here too.

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

pabloAR

join:2010-12-30
reply to Maar
results from approx 9:15 PM CDT on SAT Sept 1, 2012
(southern Montgomery CO. Arkansas)

regards,
Pablo

Gathis

join:2012-07-25
Reviews:
·Windstream
said by pabloAR:

results from approx 9:15 PM CDT on SAT Sept 1, 2012
(southern Montgomery CO. Arkansas)
[att=1]
regards,
Pablo

That doesn't qualify as internet . Sheesh. Here is my 3mb service tonight.

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Maar

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
20 months of this shit.

Texas72

join:2012-09-24
Pecos, TX

1 edit
reply to Maar
Windstream speed is so bad. I have been calling them for the past 3 months and get the same old story. They are working on upgrades. I don't see how they can legally charge me for 12 mbps of speed when I can't even get 1 mbps.

pabloAR

reply to Maar
performance of 3mbps subscription w/ Windstream
at approx 10 PM CDT (local) on MON 9/24/ 12 in southern Montgomery Co. Arkansas...

have you tried talking w/ attorney general's consumer affairs dept? there is a new program "got your back arkansas" (google it to find out more...). I'm trying to have them talk to WS to get some answers: what upgrade to their equipment is planned; and when. I'd like to have the AG ask them "how have you spent your federal monies to improve HSIC access in rural areas?"
OK, just wanted to say hello, "feel your pain". ha.
regards,
Pablo

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
said by pabloAR:

have you tried talking w/ attorney general's consumer affairs dept? there is a new program "got your back arkansas" (google it to find out more...). I'm trying to have them talk to WS to get some answers: what upgrade to their equipment is planned; and when. I'd like to have the AG ask them "how have you spent your federal monies to improve HSIC access in rural areas?"
OK, just wanted to say hello, "feel your pain". ha.
regards,
Pablo

Hey Pablo. I filed a complaint with the AG over a year ago. They were not much help back then. I will look into it tonight and complain again. Thanks for the info.

Maar

Story, AR

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

pabloAR

reply to Maar
So I had opportunity to talk w/ "on the ground" WS tech-- they really do have some nice, gifted employees... (here in Montgomery Co. Arkansas & the customer service folk I've communicated with here on-line & talked w/ by phone)-- wouldn't it be cheaper just to spend the money to improve the service vs. "customer service" offensive? Ah! but i digress...
anyway, local techs are well aware of broadband problem, "everyone is complaining about the poor speeds at night." "It involves this entire area; this county & ones nearby..." "They have to make some improvements at Little Rock to accommodate all the subscribers in this area." "They don't listen to the local tech guys. We have some valuable information about the problem, but they tell the customers, 'We'll send a technician out to fix the problem.' " "But the problem is on our side; we don't have enough bandwidth as things are presently configured." He also confirmed that there is fiber-optic cable to the box (OPM) just about a mile away, but that it's not connected to anything. He's not sure why it's not connected. Thinks the changes in Little Rock (90+miles away) have to be made initially to improve access. He thinks the present poor service is related to decisions made solely on financial considerations. "It's a money issue; they could easily improve the performance in this area, but they don't want to spend the money."
FYI,
Pablo

Maar

Story, AR
Yeah the local techs are always very helpful. It is not their fault they work for such a greedy and dishonest company. Thanks for passing along the information that you received. I will do the same if I ever get any new info.

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
Does anyone here have any personal experience with any of the cellular phone carriers "Home Phone Connect Services" like this »www.verizonwireless.com/home-pho ··· ct.shtml StraightTalk also offers the same thing for $15 a month and the device is $100 bucks. »www.straighttalkhomephone.com/

I am not going to continue to pay Windstream $150 a month for such terrible service. I know my shitty internet cost will go up 5 or 10 bucks with Greenstreak, but I will still save about $100 a month if I go with one of these mobile home phone services.

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream

Bashlin

join:2011-06-20
Douglas, GA
reply to Maar
said by Maar:

Does anyone here have any personal experience with any of the cellular phone carriers "Home Phone Connect Services" like this »www.verizonwireless.com/home-pho ··· ct.shtml StraightTalk also offers the same thing for $15 a month and the device is $100 bucks. »www.straighttalkhomephone.com/

I am not going to continue to pay Windstream $150 a month for such terrible service. I know my shitty internet cost will go up 5 or 10 bucks with Greenstreak, but I will still save about $100 a month if I go with one of these mobile home phone services.

verizon fusion is great so far..if you have a good signal, you'll always have high speed internet..not sure of how good it is away from the 4GLTE towers.

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
said by Bashlin:

verizon fusion is great so far..if you have a good signal, you'll always have high speed internet..not sure of how good it is away from the 4GLTE towers.

I am pretty sure that Fusion is not an option for this area. What I am referring to is the device that replaces your land line via mobile, yet you still use your current home phone. Check out one one of the links. Basically what I want to do is get rid of Windstream as a land line provider. If they don't want to fix my internet, I am going to pay them as little as I can each month. Since this is a business, I pay $150+ every month for phone and internet. I could not care less if I am in their shitty phone book and yellow pages. It is 2012 who the hell still looks up numbers in a phone book?

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
Expand your moderator at work

Maar

Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Maar