Re: DSL Speed Issues

Maar

Maar

cwine
join:2011-04-05
Little Hocking, OH

cwine to Maar

to Maar
No over subscription or outdated equipment here! 8:30am Friday morning...

pabloAR
join:2010-12-30

pabloAR to Maar

to Maar
Hello: I'm posting here also, as I think we're located in the same rural county in Arkansas "served" by Windstream...

"speedtest" at approx 8:45 PM CST/local time on MON Dec. 10, 2012 in southern Montgomery Co. Ark.
this is "3mbps" subscription

observation: 1/100th the purchased "high speed internet connection"

regards,
Pablo
Maar
join:2009-04-09
Story, AR

Maar

pabloAR

pabloAR to Maar

to Maar
speed test of 3mbps subscription line
on MON 12/17/2012 at approx 9 PM CST/local time
in southern Montgomery Co., ARK.

Maar
Story, AR

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

4:51 PM

VS

7:29 PM

Maar

Maar

20 minutes later...

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Click for full size
Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

12:50 AM = Most people are sleeping. Speeds are back to normal.

Maar

Maar

Maybe I spoke too soon. I guess even a broken clock is right 2 times a day.

Maar

Maar

Speed test from the weekend.

Maar

Maar

7:30 PM speeds

Maar

Maar

6:00 PM speeds

Maar

Maar

10:48 PM

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

You know your internet will never be fixed when the CEO has one of his lackeys send you an email recommending you switch to Dish Network satellite internet. I have no words.

DawsonvilleG
join:2010-08-01
Dawsonville, GA

DawsonvilleG to Maar

to Maar
I've gotten the same canned letter. Notice how they still want you to bundle it through them. Who are they kidding? If you switch to another provider... Why on earth would you or anyone else going through what we have been through agree to bill it through them?

From what I've read the only Sat connection that might be reliable is ViaSat (Excede) which is a competitor of Dish.

Here's the bottom line Maar...

WS is not spending the money that is needed to upgrade you. They simply do not want to. But you can bet, if they have a chance to spend less on a lobbyist that can convince Arkansas to keep out their competitors (including Municipalities) they will spend that money.
That leaves you with only 3 ways that may work to get them to spend the money to fix you.

1) A competitior comes in your area with better service.
2) A state agency such as consumer protection makes them give you what you are paying for and what was advertised to you.
3) Bad press. A reporter on one of the major news station in your state exposes them.
auraxoxo
join:2012-12-11
Sheridan, AR

auraxoxo to Maar

to Maar
Tried to offer me that mess when I called about a credit and was told that as of 3/1/13 they don't give credits anymore.

I don't have any other Windstream services. We don't subscribe to a home phone line or TV.

Just yesterday I submitted complaints with the AR AG at gotyourbackarkansas and to the FCC. I am looking into emailing some of the news stations and maybe taking out an ad in my local paper to see if I can get more people in my town on board to get this resolved.

I live in Sheridan and have been lied to over the last 8 months about it getting fixed. It is criminal. I was promised by CS, TS and a Tech at my house that it would be fixed 10/30/12. Then called in Nov to be told no repairs had even been scheduled.

Then here in Dec I was told 2/28/13. Now in March they can't even give me an ETR. There was supposed to be a test or something on 3/18 but they can't even tell me if that was done in the direct forum - probably because it didn't. It's been 3 weeks and their engineers apparently haven't given CS any new information since they missed their ETR.

It is despicable.
Maar
Story, AR

Maar

Maar

Maar

pabloAR

pabloAR to Maar

to Maar
ouch.
double ouch.

the DSL service in southern Montgomery Co. (Arkansas) has improved for whatever reason over past? couple of months. can actually watch Youtube video, for example, at night.
speedtest.com rates at or near 3mbps...
again, i'm not sure what's up...
just wanted to share, "feel your pain" (been there).

OK, I'll keep in touch,
regards,
Pablo