join:2009-04-09
Story, AR

Maar to pabloAR

to pabloAR

Re: DSL Speed Issues

said by pabloAR:

ouch.
double ouch.

the DSL service in southern Montgomery Co. (Arkansas) has improved for whatever reason over past? couple of months. can actually watch Youtube video, for example, at night.
speedtest.com rates at or near 3mbps...
again, i'm not sure what's up...
just wanted to share, "feel your pain" (been there).

OK, I'll keep in touch,
regards,
Pablo

Nice! I'm glad to hear your connection has been a little better PabloAR. Not a lot of change this way. Still paying full price for shit service.
Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

motivated
@windstream.net

motivated

Anon

Ive heard the same line of crap from them for a long time. If anyone wants to set up a petition we have a town that can only be provided by windstream with hundreds of people willing to sign. Also I personally know some the techs, and the way they talk WS shows no interest in solving our problems... if anyone gets any leads or ideas please share so people like maar and the populace of rural east texas can get what they pay for
Maar
Story, AR

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

I have seen your modem statistics. Need some ammo for complaints? Show these to your regulators.

About the same as yours.

Except for the synch ...

With your stats you should be getting better speed. There is definitely "overutilization". Windstream should not be allowed to claim they are providing even 1.5 Mb/s!
Entre Nous
join:2013-05-14
Campobello, SC

Entre Nous

Regulators?

I made a complaint and they told me there was no regulation in SC. You are in CA? Right?

You are correct. They never get close to 1.5 mbps. I pay for 1.5, but know others who are paying for more.
I wonder if they are getting a bigger discount?

They did give me a $10.00 discount for one full year. In writing.
But I want more. I want a bigger discount until they get our area upgraded.
Or just fix the damn thing.
They are still selling subscriptions in my area.
Maar
Story, AR

Maar to NormanS

to NormanS
said by NormanS:

I have seen your modem statistics. Need some ammo for complaints? Show these to your regulators.

With your stats you should be getting better speed. There is definitely "overutilization". Windstream should not be allowed to claim they are providing even 1.5 Mb/s!

Windstream is fully aware that this area is affected by overutilization. They have known for several years now, but that doesn't stop them from continuing to advertise and sell more accounts in this area.
Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

iowaboy
Premium Member
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA

iowaboy

Premium Member

Best Result
Download 0.88 Mb
UpLoad 0.32 Mb/

National GradeF (8%)Global GradeF+ (15%)
Maar
Story, AR

Maar

Maar

Maar

3 years. Still nothing fixed.

Maar

Maar

iowaboy
Premium Member
Fairfield, IA

iowaboy

Premium Member

Yep, regulators are no help. They are just part of the utilities board in each state and just do what the utilities companies want and say. They are also a joke just like those things in DC we call our congressmen and senators.
iowaboy

iowaboy

Premium Member

I had a brain fart last night and remembered by uncle gave me a 1704 modem with a lot of other computer parts. Hooked it up tom replace the one I had that was giving me a lot of latency most of the time till I rebooted it. Called tech support since it did not give me a registry page. Well all the tech could say is I had to have a tech come out since my signal was to low. Gee about all the calls have been because of the low signal. Told him that and had been told Windstream stated they were not going to fix the issue. Tech was supposed to be here this morning. Never seen one. Bet they just marked it fixed and never did a dang thing. Why should they, They never have before.
Maar
Story, AR

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

Maar

iowaboy
Premium Member
Fairfield, IA

iowaboy

Premium Member

I can honestly say they will not fix the lines even when told they will be by a certain date. All I asked was the 1.5 Mbps back that I had for 7 months. Was I happy with that? No, but I did accept it as the best I could get. Even though within 1800 feet of me they were getting 3 Mbps down, Well now going on 12 months since I started having speed loss and modem disconnects they tell me the best they can get me is 1024 kbps. Funny thing is, the when I call the tech support they get the line reprovisoned and I do get 1.5 Mbps till someone locally gets their hands on the line and now they say the best is 1024. Not a happy camper at all. 5 ISPs ion this town and no one will build out to all the homes in this side of town and Windstream is no help either.
Maar
Story, AR

Maar

Nothing surprises me anymore with this worthless ISP.