spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Achilles81
join:2010-08-20
East Grand Forks, MN

Achilles81

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Just wanted to make this post and for those who have had the chance to play already what do u think of the game? I got it last nite at midnite and almost did the whole calling in sick to work thing. Now i'm paying for it, barely can keep my eyes open lol.

mastervirus
Premium Member
join:2004-07-05
North Charleston, SC

mastervirus

Premium Member

yeah it looks rather bland - scratch that more cartoon-ish but a 4 outa 5 in my book

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to Achilles81

Premium Member

to Achilles81
Can you guys tell me how many zombie levels are included with the game?
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL
join:2008-07-08

1 recommendation

easonin

Just saw this from YouTube.com
I...must....hold off.....

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· RZYiI4OE

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Thanks easonin, that looks bad ass!

TSI James
TSI James
Premium Member
join:2008-02-22

1 recommendation

TSI James to Achilles81

Premium Member

to Achilles81
THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME!!!

there is my review.

carp
Rejected
join:2002-10-30

carp

My ratings of recent COD releases (MP).

Black Ops: 6/10
MW2 7/10
WaW 8/10
MW1 9.5/10

I think Black Ops hurt the franchise and there will be many long time fans trading it in very quickly.

Time to start from scratch. Probably give this engine a break. Don't get me wrong. It's still better than most other arena style FPS to date. Should have been a budget title. Re-Skinned and New maps.

I can't believe they didn't improve the lame final kill cam and the f'd up take a party to lobby. It's entertaining to play, but over all for the I.P. it's just a bunch of fail.
Achilles81
join:2010-08-20
East Grand Forks, MN

Achilles81

yeah i'm not going to lie it looks like they too away from the graphics in this one. They sacrificed the graphics for all the new stuff like the emblem creation and all that other useless stuff.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to easonin

Premium Member

to easonin
said by easonin:

Just saw this from YouTube.com
I...must....hold off.....
(youtube clip)
that video fails. It says it's "An educational video on how to play Zombies". But they don't tell you how to do it. It's just game play.
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL

easonin

I think they say that as a CYA thing, so they don't get sued for posting it so quickly. But they fail for that, that's a bit extreme, isn't it? And besides, if you can play the SP mode, then you can play zombie mode and MP mode just as easily. Point and shoot, right?! Good quality vid, imho. But the player sucks a bit, needs to watch his back a lot more!

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

I just want to know how to get to the zombie level for when I pick the game up this weekend.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

1 recommendation

ptrowski

Premium Member

It is right on the main menu when you start. I played last night, pretty good!

Also, anyone see get out of the chair yet in the menu? I did but wasn't sure what to type at the computer.

»loot-ninja.com/2010/11/0 ··· ack-ops/
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL

easonin

So it's not required that you complete the SP mode in order to get the zombie mode?? I think that was the case in WaW, IIRC.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Nope. I played zombie mode before even touching the regular game.
denny70
join:2010-01-30
Yonkers, NY

1 recommendation

denny70 to easonin

to easonin
To many people complaining that it's not good, it is the same freaking game just with new updates,maps,features, and a little bit of graphics change. If you really think about it, it is the same online play like the rest of em. Good thing they did not change game play..... i give it a 5 out of 5 cause i love it. And i don't like fps games at all but this game is really fun. zombie mode online is just freaking awesome very fun. I have not played the campaign yet cause i am just having way to much fun online.

Crewshal
join:2010-02-19
Lutherville Timonium, MD

Crewshal

ohh boy you haven't started the campaign yet? you're in for another awesome single player journey... the Campaign is BAD ASS
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL

easonin to ptrowski

to ptrowski
Oh ok, Sweet!!!!! If I didn't have to get surgery, I would so try to get a copy tomorrow!! That's funny that a few of you have went straight to the zombie mode!
I meant to ask, are the same characters there? I hear Dempsey and Richtofen in the video above.
denny70
join:2010-01-30
Yonkers, NY

denny70 to Crewshal

to Crewshal
said by Crewshal:

ohh boy you haven't started the campaign yet? you're in for another awesome single player journey... the Campaign is BAD ASS
Since im really not into fps games i really just enjoy the online game play. Believe it or not i only touched the campaign for MW2 once, but i will try it out soon.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to easonin

Premium Member

to easonin
I only played by myself so it was Dempsey, but as usual his comments were brilliant.

pp03
join:2002-06-13

1 recommendation

pp03 to Achilles81

to Achilles81
I find myself getting smoked in multiplayer quite a bit, though I'm getting better.

My favored opinions, in comparison to MW2:

+No mass noob toobs
+Grenades are good, but have counters
+No mass claymores
+You can run away from crappy fights without getting killed in two hits
+Perks are setup so there are many awesome combos and you aren't necessarily gimped because you don't have a Stopping Power or Ninja setup
+Decoys, my favorite addition. Something to actually mess with radar whores, they've gotten me so many free kills

Negatives:

-Sub machine guns seem relatively weak, except the AK74U
-Noise to the point that you can't even use sound for a slight advantage, let alone sound whore
-Back to point one...it seems like once you learn burst control, nothing beats assault rifles (Famas is the best so far, for me) which is kind of lame. Maybe as I adapt, I'll change my opinion.
-Good anti-air is too late a level. IMO it should be a staple choice to have good anti air or a side arm at level 1
-Camping is back and stronger (motion sensor/explosive immunity). I'd really like to see a class setup that is anti camper, something as simple as hacker having you see the position of anyone using electronics on the mini map would be a nice start.

hellrazzer24
join:2002-06-21
united state

hellrazzer24

played the campaign and the zombie mode today at a friends house.. first impressions were that it sucked. and I hated WoW and MW2...

didn't play online (he doesn't have Live)

Loved MW1 though... so go figure. I won't be getting this.

tao
Frazzlebats
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Lansing, MI

tao to Achilles81

Premium Member

to Achilles81
The game sucks, too much video, too much 'make this motion, run like crazy, oops you started to late, fail.

This game plays me.

TSI James
TSI James
Premium Member

TSI James

Premium Member

LOL!!

FPS's are not for everyone, I personally suck at them just like playin them...Been getting better at this one though. When I first started playing I had a K/D ratio of 0.35...it took some practice but I am at now 0.90....at least rent it before you judge it.

Plus with almost a million people online at any given time, its not hard to find a game.
TSI James

TSI James

Premium Member

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· KWZ8cDIg

Linking your youtube account to www.callofduty.com and you can upload to youtube from the PS3, all clips must be 30 seconds or less.

gball
Master Yoda
Premium Member
join:2000-11-28
South Bend, IN

gball to Achilles81

Premium Member

to Achilles81
My son and I love this game! Of course we loved MW2!

Its all online play for us..Every morning he asks me did I get something new in black ops!! haha

carp
Rejected

carp to Achilles81

to Achilles81
Leveling up goes a lot quicker. That's a plus in my book. After a week into the MP I must say I have to kick MW2 down to a 6 and bump BO to a 7.5 for MP. It's just a better playing game. Oh, and I love reporting all the offensive Emblems I come across. Many have had me laughing pretty good.

TSI James
TSI James
Premium Member

TSI James

Premium Member

once you hit level 40 it gets allot harder to level, but gives you a chance to work on contracts and achieves for points and credits.

I am at level 41 atm with over one day game time...I seen someone at level 38 (with 1 prestige already)

pp03
join:2002-06-13

1 recommendation

pp03 to carp

to carp
said by carp:

Oh, and I love reporting all the offensive Emblems I come across. Many have had me laughing pretty good.
You are the type of person that blows my mind. The emblems are basically awesome and give you enjoyment, yet you report them.

Can't you join the kids and family friendly section of live, and leave people that want to have fun and don't give a damn alone?

carp
Rejected

carp

said by pp03:

said by carp:

Oh, and I love reporting all the offensive Emblems I come across. Many have had me laughing pretty good.
You are the type of person that blows my mind. The emblems are basically awesome and give you enjoyment, yet you report them.

Can't you join the kids and family friendly section of live, and leave people that want to have fun and don't give a damn alone?
Nope, the rules apply across all of Live. Until they limit who you play with online, based on section you pick (they won't), just the way it is. Not sure what they were thinking by allowing custom emblem creation anyways. They knew it would be trouble.

TSI James
TSI James
Premium Member

1 edit

TSI James

Premium Member

Video Game Rating System
The game is rated M for a reason...if parents allow there kids to play this game then its not our fault.

If parents let kids watch M rated movies then that is no different then either. Its not up to the movie, tv or video game industry to parent kids...its the parents job.

The reason we have rating systems is to HELP inform parents of content...and ignorance of the rating system is no excuse, it takes 1 minute to read what each rating means.

Anyone under 17 isn't suppose to be playing this anyway. Would you let a 12 year old to play GTA???

I guess my point being that if the emblem is offensive to kids then it shouldn't matter since this is a M rated game...if it is racist or something else that involves hate, then that is different.