spc
uniqs
Maar
join:2009-04-09
Story, AR

Maar to Bobec

to Bobec

Re: DSL Speed Issues

Hey Bobec, I do not have any line noise. I did check last night when I was having the issue. The issue seems to have gotten better. The problem usually starts at about 8pm and last till early morning hours. I am in a very rural area and have one filter at the NID and the line going into the house is new. Now from the NID on WS's side, I have no idea. This house is close to 60 years old.

I have the 4200 modem and a Netgear WGR614 v9 router that is used for my daughters PC when she is home from college and it is also used with an Xbox360 and PS3. Right now my connection seems normal, so I will just keep a watch and see what happens. Thank you very much for your assistance.
Maar

Maar

Still seeing periodic high ping and speeds fluctuating all over the place. Seems to be happening in the late afternoon till midnight. When a tech comes out during the day, the connection is usually normal, but something needs to be done to fix this. Thanks.

Maar

Maar

Forgot to add a ping test result.

Bobec
No Stooge
Premium Member
join:2001-01-04
Jefferson, GA

Bobec to Maar

Premium Member

to Maar
Have you heard back from Windstream yet, from the PM you sent previously? If not, send another PM..they're usually pretty good at follow up. With a 60 year old property, maybe you'll be lucky and they'll discover an ancient bridge tap that can be removed and improve your ATTN.

With the decrease in speed during the more heavily utilized late afternoon/evening times, you may just be hooked into an oversubscribed situation that will call for equipment enhancements/additions by Windstream. Hope that WS gets back to you on this a solves the riddle.
Maar
join:2009-04-09
Story, AR

Maar

Hi Bobec, Yes I have been in communication with Windstream via IM's. They made some changes on their end that seemed to have helped. I was not home yesterday afternoon to check to see if I experienced any peak time slow downs, but I should be able to this afternoon. Thanks again for your assistance.
Maar

Maar

And here are the results during peak time.