uniqs

Kulldar
Premium Member
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI

Kulldar

Premium Member

Question about digital download

If you purchase the digital download and live in the EST zone will you be able to play 12:01am? Some say "yes" while others say you'll have to wait until 3:01am, which is when the PST zone hits 12:01.

I've tried researching while at work but websense is killing me. It's kinda irritating me and I'm too impatient to wait until I get home. Anyone have anything official?
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

»[ Cataclysm] Digital Pre-Sale now available

Kulldar
Premium Member
Warren, MI

Kulldar

Premium Member

Yeah, I've read through that and I'm still not confidnet in the answer.

When WOTLK dropped the survers opened 12:01a EST and we were on shortly after downloading. I can't imagine why it would be any different for the digital copy.

Does anyone have anything official from Blizzard stating, "Yes, east coast players will have to wait until 3am"?

wyndman
Premium Member
join:2009-08-28
Warren, RI

wyndman

Premium Member

I believe there was a blue post on MMO Champs that said it was in fact 12:01 Pacific Time

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Kulldar

Premium Member

to Kulldar
It's always west coast time, unless otherwise noted.

In this case, everything I have seen, and heard, have said it will be west coast time, PST.

As to getting on the servers "early" when WOTLK hit, I think you are mistaken. All I remember from that time, is lots and lots of crashes, and not being able to get on at all.

Kulldar
Premium Member
Warren, MI

Kulldar

Premium Member

I had 3 other buddies over when WOTLK dropped. We all went down to GameStop, picked up our pre-orders and returned to my house just after midnight.

I know we were on the servers just after midnight because one guy didn't have a DVD ROM. He had to move the files from another guys PC onto an external hardrive before he could play. 3 of us were exploring Howling Fjord while he was installing. We were over exhaggerating how awesome it was to be playing WOTLK just to piss him off...

I also remember talking to guildies from PST who hadn't gotten the release yet and we were on WOTLK.

So yeah, there is not doubt the servers went live after midnight EST for WOTLK. Maybe the west coast folks made a stink about it and that's why it's changed....dunno. I'd just like to see something official.

If I'm going to have to wait until 3:01am I think I'd rather take the trip to GameStop. Wonder if Blizzard will give a refund....

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Kulldar

Premium Member

to Kulldar
»Re: [ Cataclysm] Digital Pre-Sale now available
said by DarkLogix:

said by Riusaki:

quote:
Q. In what regions is the Cataclysm pre-sale available? What day/time is Cataclysm launching in my region?
A. The pre-sale is available in the following regions, with realms scheduled to launch at the following times:

Americas, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia - December 7 at 12:01 a.m. PST
Europe and Russia - December 7 at 12:01 a.m. CET

said by stvnbrs:

said by Jonny13 :

After going through this thread, my question is still left open-ended.

Question: Will Cataclysm be launched [like Blizzards former Expansion Packs] at 00:01 EST for US consumers?
said by DarkLogix:

Slorkuz

Q. In what regions is the Cataclysm pre-sale available? What day/time is Cataclysm launching in my region?
A. The pre-sale is available in the following regions, with realms scheduled to launch at the following times:

Americas, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia - December 7 at 12:01 a.m. PST
Europe and Russia - December 7 at 12:01 a.m. CET

From first page
Not to be a dousche, but you were linked to the thread in which this was answered twice. The very last post showing it. So just in case you still don't get it:

December 7 at 12:01 a.m. PST
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Kulldar

Premium Member

to Kulldar
Blizzard is likely doing this due to complaints about people on the east coast having an "unfair advantage" in accessing achievements for first to max level.

But this is also the first year they have had an expansion as DLC for the release date. I think WOTLK was held off by a week or two as DLC for the retailers to get a chance.

if I had known that Cata was going to be Day of Release DLC back in august id never have preordered at the gamestop.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Yeah like the Q to enter servers is going to be instant on most realms, if they really want to be the first one to reach 85, they will problably sleep in the afternoon, wake up 30 mins before and go "John f...ing Madden" all night until exhaustion, starting at 3AM or 12AM makes no difference.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Kulldar

Premium Member

to Kulldar
said by Kulldar:

I had 3 other buddies over when WOTLK dropped. We all went down to GameStop, picked up our pre-orders and returned to my house just after midnight.

I know we were on the servers just after midnight because one guy didn't have a DVD ROM. He had to move the files from another guys PC onto an external hardrive before he could play. 3 of us were exploring Howling Fjord while he was installing. We were over exhaggerating how awesome it was to be playing WOTLK just to piss him off...

I also remember talking to guildies from PST who hadn't gotten the release yet and we were on WOTLK.

So yeah, there is not doubt the servers went live after midnight EST for WOTLK. Maybe the west coast folks made a stink about it and that's why it's changed....dunno. I'd just like to see something official.

If I'm going to have to wait until 3:01am I think I'd rather take the trip to GameStop. Wonder if Blizzard will give a refund....
Sounds like your recollection is a better memory than mine.

Who knows, maybe I am thinking of BC, lol...

Kulldar
Premium Member
Warren, MI

Kulldar to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
You are being a douche (L2 spell check). You've offered nothing valuable to this thread but still decided to post to be a dick.

Like I said, I read through that entire post and I'm not confident in what I read. I've read and understand what Blizzard posted in the FAQ but I'm not convinced.

So just in case you missed it, I'll quote my earlier post "Does anyone have anything official from Blizzard stating, "Yes, east coast players will have to wait until 3am"?

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

Zyncotl to gatorkram

Premium Member

to gatorkram
I know for sure that BC I was able to log on just after midnight EST.

I'll pick up my copy sometime on the 7th and be ready for stable servers by the 24th.

Kulldar
Premium Member
Warren, MI

Kulldar to gatorkram

Premium Member

to gatorkram
said by gatorkram:

said by Kulldar:

Sounds like your recollection is a better memory than mine.

Who knows, maybe I am thinking of BC, lol...
BC had several problems. I remember trying to log in that night and not being able to. If memory serves me correctly it took several days before the servers ran correctly after BC.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

QFT, you wrong. The servers were fine.
Treebark

Treebark to Kulldar

Premium Member

to Kulldar
They were down for 24 hours the day before.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Kulldar

Premium Member

to Kulldar
So you want to get on this forum and request someone post a blue statement that says EXACTLY what you want an answer to? GTFO. Don't start another thread about a question that was answered the best that we can do. If you don't want to believe the blue posts than wtf are we supposed to tell you? Official forums that way-----------------> ask GC yourself.

Kulldar
Premium Member
Warren, MI

Kulldar

Premium Member

Oh sorry, I forgot your the official mod around here.

You're referring to an old thread that has dropped off the front page and in my opinion different than what I'm asking. If a mod disagrees then by all means lock it.

If you have nothing to add, then why are you bothering to post?

It's not outrageous to believe that this has been covered in the official forums which some people have access to at work. I DO NOT. Therefore I asked for a little help. My bad.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Kulldar

to Kulldar
I like coffee.
PuffTMD
join:2010-02-05
Escondido, CA

PuffTMD to Kulldar

to Kulldar
My question is "Why do you bother to post about someone bothering to post"? Seems kind of counter-intuitive, if not blatantly hypocritical. Oh, and I like coffee too!

Kulldar
Premium Member
Warren, MI

Kulldar

Premium Member

said by PuffTMD:

My question is "Why do you bother to post about someone bothering to post"? Seems kind of counter-intuitive, if not blatantly hypocritical. Oh, and I like coffee too!
Why do you bother to post on a post that someone posted on a post?

I prefer diet mt. dew.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Kulldar

to Kulldar
I like kittens.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Kulldar

Premium Member

to Kulldar
said by DarkLogix:

said by Riusaki:

quote:
12:01 a.m. PST

said by stvnbrs:

said by Jonny13 :

»Re: Question about digital download
said by stvnbrs:

/sigh

I have answered your question based on the reading that I can do at home. I have even posted a source of info so that you don't even have to believe me. The whole point iss:

12:01 PST is when all will be able to play the game in the Americas.

The fact that you refuse to believe this, though it was sourced and your question directly answered hints at trolling.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Kulldar

to Kulldar
Did you know that the sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English language?

Sorry, I'll stop now, I just found this to be amusing.

Look at it this way, when Blizzard does anything, does it follow their time zone or someone else's time zone? Therefore if they say 12:01 Pacific you can assume that it'll be 3:01 Eastern, 2:01 Central, and 1:01 Mountain.

wyndman
Premium Member
join:2009-08-28
Warren, RI

wyndman to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

I like kittens.
I approve this message, I also enjoy Dr. Pepper

Kulldar
Premium Member
Warren, MI

Kulldar to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
I agree Ada, but it was different with WOTLK, we were playing at 12:01am on the east coast.

So does this mean that even buying a physical copy of Cata, east coast players still can't get on the servers and see the new content until 3:01am? If not, why is it specific to the digital download?

It just doesn't make sense and I have further questions. I appreciate the links and the info. Obviously I'm one of the few who is still questioning this so I'll just wait until I get home and research it myself.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

If I, or anyone else, had a better answer I'm sure we'd give it.

Problem on my end is I simply don't care. I won't be picking it up at Midnight as I get up to go to work at 4:30 in the morning. I work long days and won't even worry about installing it until much later in the evening.
PuffTMD
Escondido, CA

PuffTMD to Kulldar

to Kulldar
Agreed, Kulldar. The question has been answered for the digital download. The question re. a store-bought copy has not been answered. I, also, would like to know this....

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Kulldar

Premium Member

to Kulldar
Bashiok stated:
Wondering exactly what time you’ll be able to begin playing your goblin or worgen or making your way to level 85? On all North American realms, World of Warcraft players who upgrade to Cataclysm will be able to begin experiencing the new content at 12 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (3 a.m. Eastern Standard Time) on December 7, whether they purchase the digital download through Battle.net or buy a physical retail boxed version in stores. Players will not be able to access Cataclysm expansion content prior to 12 a.m. PST, regardless of how they upgrade or what time zone they’re located in.

source: »forums.worldofwarcraft.c ··· 57&sid=1
PuffTMD
Escondido, CA

PuffTMD

Sweet! Well, not really sweet as I'll be EST 12/7, but sweet to have the question answered. Guess I'll be waiting until nightfall, too. Thanks mucho, Stv!

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

Hey, get it digitally, save driving to the store. I am gonna sleep from 7 -1:30(central time) wake, get my pre play drinks/dip ready, log on at 2:01 and hope to be able to play.