Search similar:

uniqs
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge

Premium Member

Display case lighting

I have a display case that is way to dark (to a point that you can't see anything in it). It has lighting, but not enough - single bulb 12v (I think). I was thinking of replacing that single bulb with the led array, but can't seem to find anything that will work.

Does anyone know where I can find something like that?

netboy34
Premium Member
join:2001-08-29
Kennesaw, GA

netboy34

Premium Member

a little pricey.. but LED tape?

The E
Please allow me to retort
Premium Member
join:2002-05-26
Burnaby, BC

2 edits

The E to Dodge

Premium Member

to Dodge
said by Dodge:

I have a display case that is way to dark (to a point that you can't see anything in it). It has lighting, but not enough - single bulb 12v (I think). I was thinking of replacing that single bulb with the led array, but can't seem to find anything that will work.

I'm not sure where you live, but I'd try an IKEA store if there's one close to you. They sell a few different LED arrays specifically for display lighting. IKEA has something very similar to what netboy34 posted, as well as other styles. They're fairly priced too.
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge

Premium Member

said by The E:

said by Dodge:

I'm not sure where you live, but I'd try an IKEA store if there's one close to you. They sell a few different LED arrays specifically for display lighting. IKEA has something very similar to what netboy34 posted, as well as other styles. They're fairly priced too.
Cool, thank you, never would have thought of it. I just saw some diodder products on their web site that might do the trick. Now to force myself to drive down to ikea

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC

Jahntassa

Premium Member

I know Lowe's had a few slim LED 'bar' type things that might work. If you have one nearby it may be worth a look. It's in the lighting section near the tracklights and such.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin to netboy34

Mod

to netboy34
Buy LED tape from hobbyking

»www.hobbyking.com/hobbyk ··· ct=10793

can't beat that price .. $6 .. for a METER of 60 LEDs.

they come with sticky 3m backing and you can cut and wire them as you like. 12v DC. Very bright, I've a bunch of them.