Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to jmn1207

Premium Member

to jmn1207

Re: Buzzards vs Hyenas

said by jmn1207:

It reminds me of watching carrion-eaters squabbling about a carcass, with the customer being the decaying food source. Similarly, it doesn't really matter who wins this battle to the hapless customer.
Every time a cable company tries to hold the line on content prices the customers squeal like stuck pigs; whine to their congress critters to force a deal; and threaten to go elsewhere. As long as the cable company customers act this way and then pay the inevitable price increases, nothing will change.
56403739 (banned)
Less than 5 months left
join:2006-03-08
Naples, FL

56403739 (banned)

said by FFH5:

As long as the cable company customers act this way and then pay the inevitable price increases, nothing will change.
Actually, cable company customers are starting to change their behavior; they are realizing that the cost is not worth it and are beginning to cut the cord, which is the real solution to this madness.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by 56403739:

said by FFH5:

As long as the cable company customers act this way and then pay the inevitable price increases, nothing will change.
Actually, cable company customers are starting to change their behavior; they are realizing that the cost is not worth it and are beginning to cut the cord, which is the real solution to this madness.
There seems to be a difference of opinion over whether cord cutting is going on or not:
»Cord Cutting Denial Alive And Well [55] comments
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer

said by FFH5:

There seems to be a difference of opinion over whether cord cutting is going on or not:
»Cord Cutting Denial Alive And Well [55] comments
While there seems to be some question about how much actual cord cutting there is, there seems to be no doubt that an increasing number of cable video subscribers have started to question the value proposition. Cable companies have justified price increases by saying that subscribers are getting more. That argument now falls apart because there are so many crap cable channels that there is nothing to fill them but low budget crap, more commercials, and more annoying promos.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Sammer:

While there seems to be some question about how much actual cord cutting there is, there seems to be no doubt that an increasing number of cable video subscribers have started to question the value proposition.
I agree with that. And I think many users are cutting back from highest priced tiers to lower priced ones.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

and that is what is happening. customers are going from 3 tiers of service of TV to 1 or 2. instead of having countless channels of nothing on. MSOs/IPTV providers are smart by moving the most watched channels to Digital Tiers to get the $$$ they want.