Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

Does Your City Suck?

Ours does - twice! I'm talking leaves, BTW.

I have fun with this question every year. Leaf sucking seems so messy and a traffic hazard. I HATE IT. I just bag/can my leaves then spill them at the curb for suck-day so the mess is minimized. What a pain!

rjackal
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Plymouth, MI

We have to bag/can here in Plymouth Twp. I bought a big leaf vac/shredder last year, which makes the bagging easier. I'm jealous of you city suckers!

Jim Gurd
Premium
join:2000-07-08
Plymouth, MI

I live in a condo so they take care of the leaves for me.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium
join:2007-08-13
Philippines
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to Bill_MI

I'm a former Michigander, born in Lansing, last known address East Lansing (voting purposes).

Have not lived there is a long while. Back in those days we just burned them. Were I live now we still burn them. It's an all year thing here not seasonal.
--
Chris
Living in Paradise!!

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

Chris, that's not been allowed for quite a while. I was unsure how long so did a quick look: »www.michigan.gov/deq/0,1607,7-13···,00.html

I was surprised it wasn't the 1960s so I suspect city/county was before Michigan (1979).

The smell of burning leaves would bring back childhood memories, for sure.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium
join:2007-08-13
Philippines
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to chrisretusn

Yeah, it's been awhile. I remember burning our trash too. Nothing like the smell of burning leaves in the fall, roasting marshmallows... We used to burn the Christmas trees at the end of the year. I was a big neighborhood event, made for a huge bonfire. Speaking of bonfires.... That was a major event at the high school.
--
Chris
Living in Paradise!!