fixrman
From a broken heart to a hole in the sky
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Hatboro, PA

fixrman to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini

Re: $7,000 Dollars For A Bad Timing Belt On An SUV?

If it is a Freelander ( which it must be ) do NOT fix it. If it is still within warranty, have it towed to a LR dealer. Have him PM me for further instructions.

failfailfail
@optonline.net

failfailfail

Anon

said by fixrman:

If it is a Freelander ( which it must be ) do NOT fix it. If it is still within warranty, have it towed to a LR dealer. Have him PM me for further instructions.
about as useful as the people who say "google it" and the thread was the first on google

A rebuild on a Mercedes motor is like 26grand lol... so think about your little 7k... ya, nothing...

Timing belt is MORE common then a chain... so, bring it to a new place, who the hell says sequence... also being off a tooth does not mean it will run bad... I've had cars off a tooth before... never knew till I did upper end work (not related lol)
fixrman
From a broken heart to a hole in the sky
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Hatboro, PA
·Verizon FiOS

fixrman

Premium Member

If the poster actually was sure of the model he was talking about, then your point would be valid. The last post he made to me was that he thinks it is a Discovery. If he says that a timing belt was broken, it has to be a Freelander.

Did you add anything of value here? You did not, especially since your thought process includes saying timing being a tooth off will have no consequence. It will run "bad" - many vehicles will set a MIL, fuel economy will suffer and performance will not be satisfactory. Please do not post advice that has no basis in fact.