how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

semaj81

join:2002-08-12
Marietta, OH

Suddenlink Upgrades - Marietta/Parkersburg Area

I was wondering if anyone would know when the new channel line-up and services will be available for my area? This is of course Marietta, OH / Parkersburg, WV area... 45750 / 26101 ...We are listed on the Suddenlink Project Imagine site for the upgrades but no info on a date.... Thanks!!

CoolMan

join:2008-01-07
Tennessee
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Charter
·Suddenlink

said by semaj81:

I was wondering if anyone would know when the new channel line-up and services will be available for my area? This is of course Marietta, OH / Parkersburg, WV area... 45750 / 26101 ...We are listed on the Suddenlink Project Imagine site for the upgrades but no info on a date.... Thanks!!
You guys are scheduled for sometime in Jan. 2011 if it doesn't get pushed back again.

I know are area (Milton/St. Albans/Teays Valley/Hurricane/Wayne) I was told yesterday is next on the list so they said it will probably be complete for us hopefully in December 2010 or early Jan. 2011 at the latest.

Hopefully all goes as planned and nobody gets pushed back again.

semaj81

Marietta, OH
reply to semaj81

Interesting.. thanks for the info.. I may cancel until after the new year awaiting this upgrade.. pointless to pay the money for nothing now..

areacode304

join:2006-08-26
WV
reply to semaj81

Does anyone have any idea what kind of upgrades the Parkersburg market will be getting?

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to semaj81

how can parkersburg/marietta get done AFTER st mary's and new martinsville were completed?

CoolMan

Tennessee
Reviews:
·Charter
·Suddenlink
reply to areacode304

said by areacode304:

Does anyone have any idea what kind of upgrades the Parkersburg market will be getting?
Most areas are getting New HD Channels and DOCSIS 3 internet speeds (if there not already available yet). There also removing analog expanded basic cable channels (Usually anything above chan 22 or so) so there will be loads of more bandwidth available for the new HD ch's, which is why you have to order Suddenlink DTA's if you don't have a ClearQAM tuner built into your TV or a digital cable/HD/DVR cable box hooked up.

You can check to see what your new channel lineup should look like on »imagine.suddenlink.com simply enter your zip code then click on Learn about new services in your area then New Channel Line Up to see all the new HD channels etc.

semaj81

Marietta, OH
reply to semaj81

I'm able to pick up HD channels with my LCD TV tuner but not very many.. with or with out cable service.. It seems as long as you have an active internet connection with them you can receive some digital TV signal.. interesting..

CoolMan

Tennessee
reply to semaj81

I just found out today that now my area (Teays Valley/Hurricane) is scheduled to be upgraded on 1/25/2011 to be exact, I hope it doesn't change cause before I was told it should be in Dec. or early Jan. now its very late Jan!

longgone

join:2000-12-30
Culloden, WV

Hi Spursrock21.

Any info on the 107 speed ever becoming a reality?

I was told at Teays office a couple months back that the increase would be coming in Nov 2010, then was told by a home service tech about a month ago not to expect it even in the future, as the Bandwidth increases are not intended for the internet to be any more than the current 20 meg, as the Bandwidth will not even be adequate enough to provide increases of the internet speed packages in the Teays, Kanawha Valley areas due to the currently very high numbers of internet customers in these populated areas.

Does anybody know of any customers actually on any higher speed packages in the middle Ohio River Valley areas?

CoolMan

Tennessee
Reviews:
·Charter
·Suddenlink

said by longgone:

Any info on the 107 speed ever becoming a reality?

Does anybody know of any customers actually on any higher speed packages in the middle Ohio River Valley areas?

Looks like back in June they rolled it out in very limited availability in parts of WV and Ohio: »suddenlinkfyi.com/2010/06/04/ohi···x-107-0/

But, other then that longgone I haven't heard anything else about it for our areas.

semaj81

Marietta, OH

Hope something changes soon.. just this week my internet speeds have plummeted with no explanation.. lines are fine.. no outages.. and I mean crawling.. 5-10kbps downloads.. I feel like I'm on dial up... I only have 10 megs I think .. but still...

Speed Freak

@suddenlink.net
reply to semaj81

I was told by a tech who came to my house that the 107 package was only going to be up in the Parkersburg area of WV. because of Cox or Comcast. Whichever has the 105 package nearby, their network and Suddenlinks kind of intertwine at some junctions. So they had to one up them by having 107 in the area. If there isn't any competition in the area then 20 will be the most you will likely see in WV. I am in Cross Lanes area and I can get 3meg. DSL but I am happy with my 20 meg. since I am now on DOCSIS 3 My speeds average around 40+ any time of the day. Have seen 50+ at night a few times. With three channels always bonded, but there is a fourth channel that sometimes bonds to my modem, but it's signals are very bad. So apparently they have another channel sitting in the waiting. Wish they would use it for upload stream or switch out the 16QAM. This 2 meg. upload sucks. Would like to see at least 3-5+.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Speed Freak :

I was told by a tech who came to my house that the 107 package was only going to be up in the Parkersburg area of WV. because of Cox or Comcast. Whichever has the 105 package nearby, their network and Suddenlinks kind of intertwine at some junctions. So they had to one up them by having 107 in the area. If there isn't any competition in the area then 20 will be the most you will likely see in WV. I am in Cross Lanes area and I can get 3meg. DSL but I am happy with my 20 meg. since I am now on DOCSIS 3 My speeds average around 40+ any time of the day. Have seen 50+ at night a few times. With three channels always bonded, but there is a fourth channel that sometimes bonds to my modem, but it's signals are very bad. So apparently they have another channel sitting in the waiting. Wish they would use it for upload stream or switch out the 16QAM. This 2 meg. upload sucks. Would like to see at least 3-5+.

you need a tech out there for signal issues the fourth channel should be bonding automatically and they can not use a downstream for upstream communications as upstream is limited from 5-42MHz or 5-40MHz depending on the node manufacturer and when it was made.

more than likely you will get the option for 107 Meg when the former charter WV/OH systems are done with project imagine they probrably want everyone able to get it before rolling it out to new areas as they are doing the analog reclaim node by and area by area and dont want to mess with some getting the new speed and some not able to.

longgone

join:2000-12-30
Culloden, WV
reply to Speed Freak

said by Speed Freak :

Four Channels sometimes??

40+ speeds average at any time of day in the Cross Lanes area on the DOCSIS3 20 ??

Any others in this locale on DOCSIS3 20 also having their modem stats indicating this reported "Sometimes....Fourth Channel" and how about that any time of the day "40+ speed average"?

Speeed Freak

@suddenlink.net
reply to motorola870

said by motorola870:

said by Speed Freak :

I am now on DOCSIS 3 My speeds average around 40+ any time of the day. Have seen 50+ at night a few times. With three channels always bonded, but there is a fourth channel that sometimes bonds to my modem, but it's signals are very bad. So apparently they have another channel sitting in the waiting. Wish they would use it for upload stream or switch out the 16QAM. This 2 meg. upload sucks. Would like to see at least 3-5+.

you need a tech out there for signal issues the fourth channel should be bonding automatically and they can not use a downstream for upstream communications as upstream is limited from 5-42MHz or 5-40MHz depending on the node manufacturer and when it was made.

more than likely you will get the option for 107 Meg when the former charter WV/OH systems are done with project imagine they probrably want everyone able to get it before rolling it out to new areas as they are doing the analog reclaim node by and area by area and dont want to mess with some getting the new speed and some not able to.

Our area doesn't have 4 channel bonding. We have only 3 channels supposed to be bonded for now. The fourth channel isn't supposed to be picked up. But I bought my own modem that SL isn't familiar with. So it sees a fourth channel, but the common brands they use don't see it. Besides we still only have 16QAM for upstream.

CoolMan

Tennessee
Reviews:
·Charter
·Suddenlink
reply to CoolMan

said by CoolMan:

You can check to see what your new channel lineup should look like on »imagine.suddenlink.com simply enter your zip code then click on Learn about new services in your area then New Channel Line Up to see all the new HD channels etc.

FYI they changed the website so now go to »www.suddenlink.com/imagine/line-up.php and enter your zip code and the new channel lineup for your area will open in a separate window.