spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

msayeed

join:2009-10-09
Gloucester, MA

Line quality test changing destination IP on its own!

I have been trying to run line quality tests and smoke ping tests on a dsl IP address and the tests fail every time, but the results window shows a different IP every time, none of which are the the IP I am trying to test. It's almost like I am seeing someone else's results. Has anybody else experienced this?

SpongeGuard

join:2009-08-09
Port Alberni, BC
Aye, this is happening to me too. I just ran a test to my IP and had it appear to be pinging an IP on the other side of the country..

EDIT: You wouldn't happen to be "club-internet.fr" would you? This is the one that showed up last time I ran a test.

msayeed

Gloucester, MA
Nope I am not club-internet.fr , but yes thats one of the IPs that showed up on my test results, saying "Your first hop response time is too high".

I purchased points to see if that changes anything, same results. Some random IP is shown on every failure.

I permitted all the source IPs mentioned in the Tools FAQ, and yet the test fails as stated above.

Can someone help?

SpongeGuard

join:2009-08-09
Port Alberni, BC
Honestly, I'd just wait it out. The line quality test went through a massive overhaul / update over the last 3 or 4 days. Unless you're having connection issues, I'd just wait for them to work out the kinks.

If you are having connection issues however, I don't think this is the best forum to be mentioning the LQT issues in. Seems to be completely dead.
I wonder if there's a support email..

EDIT: Actually, I wonder... yesterday I ran a LQT, and it was sitting there for over 12 hours saying "12 ahead of you"
It's possible that it's just now starting to catch up, displaying delayed test in the order that they are received now.

No idea.

msayeed

Gloucester, MA
Fair enough. "Wait it out" works for me...
Will check it over the next couple days and then look for alternatives.
Thanks for looking into this with me.

henrym001

join:2005-02-04
Panorama City, CA
reply to msayeed
I am having the same problem and have posted this in the bugs forum.

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
reply to msayeed
It's fixed now feel free to use it without fear of data mixing.

msayeed

Gloucester, MA
Works now.
Thanks!

vicw

join:2010-02-11
reply to msayeed
I'm getting results that resemble this. I got two quality test results on 11/14/10 that were for another IP unknown to me, and today, I just can't get a test to complete at all.

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
The IP bug was unique and that isn't it.
I'll check into whether the machine that blew up has stalled the test today.

vicw

Thanks, Justin
I assume you kicked it after my last post, since the Quality Tests starting working immediately thereafter, but now it seems to be stalling out again.

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
The last test you requested and ran was
requested 2010-11-17 20:47:59 completed 2010-11-17 20:51:36

and there doesn't seem to be a queue right now..

vicw

reply to msayeed
I still show one started at 21:20. It said it had started, but it now show 29 waiting ahead of me.

Update - that message is gone now, but no results from that test

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
reply to msayeed
Sorry my bad, it was a problem joining the queue rather than any delay in doing the tests.

vicw

reply to msayeed
Thanks, Justin - the last test finally completed. Now I can return to my attempts to get Norton Internet Security 2011 and my Belkin router to handle the pings correctly.